Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Numismaster S**ks!!

Am I the only person that thinks that this site is crappy? I mean you have to login constantly and have to start a search over from scratch. I would be better off looking in the guide as it it is much faster and less frustrating! image Who is in charge of the website, a monkey?!!! Hmmpfrff!! (or however you spell that!)

Thanks! I feel much better now! -Dan

Comments

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Ditto, I canceled my subscription after a month.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am glad that I am not the only one! I was using this on my Android phone and it was frustrating! When I imputed a field it would not tab to the next field and I would have to start the whole thing over!

If you work fro Krause and you are reading this thread, fix it! Your site is no good! Your cd also sucks! When it takes 5 minutes to find something in your guide then maybe you should spend more money on your programmers. I am just saying.....! -Dan
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Am I the only person that thinks that this site is crappy? I mean you have to login constantly and have to start a search over from scratch. I would be better off looking in the guide as it it is much faster and less frustrating! image Who is in charge of the website, a monkey?!!! Hmmpfrff!! (or however you spell that!)

Thanks! I feel much better now! -Dan >>

I agree with all the points you made but I do find numismaster very useful when I am on the fly or some out of town coin show as I don't have to lug around those heavy krause books to get info.

You may want to call them and make some suggestions on how they can improve their site!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started.

The interface sucks moose testicles and doesn't work consistently in Firefox. It's an IE-only design, which is beyond stupid in this day and age. It doesn't retain search settings and there's no way to bookmark favorite or frequently-used searches. If a search returns only one denomination (or KM number), why take me to a page and make me select that listing? Why not take me directly to the listing?

This is not a banking site where one has to be logged out for security after 15 minutes of inactivity. There is absolutely no good reason to be forcing a logout.

I've sent them my feedback on countless occasions, but they simply don't give a damn.

All that said, with the new pricing model ($50/year) it's cheaper than buying the books and certainly better than lugging them around. Not to mention that updates are much more frequent than having to wait until the next publication of a vlume, which may be years away.
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    I too let my subscription lapse because of the need to continually log in. I wrote a letter about it and did get an answer...they had no plans to change it.

I'd still be using the service if their site wasn't so cumbersome.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the World coin prices just copied out of Krause or are they 'real world' actual prices coins sold for?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are the World coin prices just copied out of Krause or are they 'real world' actual prices coins sold for? >>

Same as Krause, just updated more frequently.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so they never resolved those issues, huh?

I was an early user of Numismaster, but didn't need it anymore when Krause started doing the catalogs on DVD.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.