Link to eBay.

Edited to add: Not my coin or auction.

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll sell for two grand.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $2,000 no thanks not worth the money IMHO

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited to add: Not my coin or auction.

Nor mine, either.image

Thanks for the heads-up, it'll be interesting to watch. I wonder how many more are being found.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I was subscribed to get this year's set. I checked and re-sub'd but it was on the date of sale and it kicked the subscription to 2011. I figured out that today when I wondered where is my set with smoothies-Sacs? No chance of getting one now that jmski cornered the market. image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    The freakin Mint is holding up orders on the Mint sets due to this error I believe. All orders are backordered till 9/9 so they can apparently have their minions go through every set to insure no more get out. Ridiculous in my opinion!! Throw the common man a bone US Mint......mistakes happen, leave 'em be in the sets already made.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add: Not my coin or auction.

Nor mine, either.image

Thanks for the heads-up, it'll be interesting to watch. I wonder how many more are being found. >>

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    No chance of getting one now that jmski cornered the market. image

Hey, jmski had to re-order 2 more sets due to his obsessive-compulsive need to keep his unbroken runs of Unc Sets intact.image

jmski is even going to break into his rolls of Washies, Adams, Jeffersons, Monroes and 2009 Sackies to look for more smoothies. argh.

As Longacre would say, "I see a golden dollar frothy spending frenzy in the future."

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>The freakin Mint is holding up orders on the Mint sets due to this error I believe. All orders are backordered till 9/9 so they can apparently have their minions go through every set to insure no more get out. Ridiculous in my opinion!! Throw the common man a bone US Mint......mistakes happen, leave 'em be in the sets already made. >>

I hardly think so.

At the bottom of each listing under the heading "SHIPPING", is the following:

"Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipping of in-stock products."

Besides, these coins are shipping in bulk to the packagers for encasement in those bubble packs and individual shipping boxes and then to the distributors. Taking each one out and inspecting it by, more than likely, some inexperienced minimum wage worker, just would not make any sense even if they could spot one of these.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    never mind....thought these were from the 2009 mint set....
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    Wow....this is a must have.....!!!!!!.........image......
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Here's an interesting point. Paul's post title identifies this as a 2010-D coin, yet the mint mark is "missing". Seeing it is packaged as part of the Denver half of the set, it most likely was/is a Denver struck coin. Is encasement in the Denver half enough for say PCGS to certify it as a D-less Denver coin?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>Here's an interesting point. Paul's post title identifies this as a 2010-D coin, yet the mint mark is "missing". Seeing it is packaged as part of the Denver half of the set, it most likely was/is a Denver struck coin. Is encasement in the Denver half enough for say PCGS to certify it as a D-less Denver coin? >>

I would say if one were to submit to grading that the entire set (RED) would have to be sent in to have the Sac Dollar removed...as to authenticity..
    ......Larry........image
  • Options

<< <i>Here's an interesting point. Paul's post title identifies this as a 2010-D coin, yet the mint mark is "missing". Seeing it is packaged as part of the Denver half of the set, it most likely was/is a Denver struck coin. Is encasement in the Denver half enough for say PCGS to certify it as a D-less Denver coin? >>

I don't think they would attributed it as a Denver coin since the mintmark simply is not there.

In 2008, the Annual Dollar Sets all had Satin Finish Philly Presidential Dollars. Some had Missing Edge Lettered Monroes yet every coin was slabbed as (2008) with no mintmark designation.

No mint mark means no mint mark and no way of really telling where the coin originated from regardless of packaging. I believe that these sets are all packaged at the same location (both P & D).

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The freakin Mint is holding up orders on the Mint sets due to this error I believe. All orders are backordered till 9/9 so they can apparently have their minions go through every set to insure no more get out. Ridiculous in my opinion!! Throw the common man a bone US Mint......mistakes happen, leave 'em be in the sets already made. >>

I hardly think so.

Besides, these coins are shipping in bulk to the packagers for encasement in those bubble packs and individual shipping boxes and then to the distributors. Taking each one out and inspecting it by, more than likely, some inexperienced minimum wage worker, just would not make any sense even if they could spot one of these. >>

Ok Mr Know it all. Trust me, they are not being shipped. I have many orders and everything was fine until this news got out a few weeks back. They were shipping orders within 3-4 days, now all orders are mysteriously backordered........
  • Options
    19Lyds...

<< <i>No mint mark means no mint mark and no way of really telling where the coin originated from regardless of packaging. I believe that these sets are all packaged at the same location (both P & D). >>

If a P or D roll of coins was submitted to be graded and a coin was found with no edge lettering ...then one coule be sure that it was from that mint....I believe there was such a submission a while back
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I have three of these sets, I usually open one and leave the other two in their box.
    I'm very tempted to open the other two.image
    figglehorn
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I hardly think so.

Besides, these coins are shipping in bulk to the packagers for encasement in those bubble packs and individual shipping boxes and then to the distributors. Taking each one out and inspecting it by, more than likely, some inexperienced minimum wage worker, just would not make any sense even if they could spot one of these. >>

Ok Mr Know it all. Trust me, they are not being shipped. I have many orders and everything was fine until this news got out a few weeks back. They were shipping orders within 3-4 days, now all orders are mysteriously backordered........ >>

They're probably backordered because so many collectors are ordering these now because of the error.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I hardly think so.

Ok Mr Know it all. Trust me, they are not being shipped. I have many orders and everything was fine until this news got out a few weeks back. They were shipping orders within 3-4 days, now all orders are mysteriously backordered........ >>

Should I still Trust You? image

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I hardly think so.

Should I still Trust You? image >>

They must have already hand picked through yours for errorsimage I got this email today from an order date 8/10/10:

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
    to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Order #: 34975xxx- 1
    Sold To : ______, CHRISTOPHER
    Ship To : ______, CHRISTOPHER
    Item: U10 Qty: 21 Exp Ship: 9/10/10
    2010 UNCIRCULATED COIN SET

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at .
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT
  • Options
    I ordered 2 more sets on the 22nd, and they shipped yesterday on the 25th!

No delay here.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>They must have already hand picked through yours for errorsimage I got this email today from an order date 8/10/10:

http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT >>

I'm only hoping to get an MEL. I don't know why since PCGS will not attribute it.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They must have already hand picked through yours for errorsimage I got this email today from an order date 8/10/10:

http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT >>

I'm only hoping to get an MEL. I don't know why since PCGS will not attribute it. >>

Good luck, this is the 08/07 SAE of 2010. I've seen 150+ sets and have found ZERO. Luck of the draw I guess. I wonder how many are truly out there? Hundreds, thousands or less than a hundred? Who knows at this point.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't have us think that the Goverment makes mistakes now can we?
  • Options

Good luck, this is the 08/07 SAE of 2010. I've seen 150+ sets and have found ZERO. Luck of the draw I guess. I wonder how many are truly out there? Hundreds, thousands or less than a hundred? Who knows at this point. >>

Well with smalltown coins having 2 anacs has 8 ebay has 1 the guy in the coin world write up has 3 and then jmski52 has 1. So that is like less than 1% showing up in the sets. I am going to guess that they will be pretty rare with those kinda numbers.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I'm only hoping to get an MEL. I don't know why since PCGS will not attribute it.

If you find one just send it in as a regular submission and see what the label says when you get it back.......GENUINE 2010 ?.... No Stars.....No EPU...image
  • Options

Answering my own post...image.....image it's ok, I'm single now and used to it!.....anyway just got home and read this To date, only ANACS has attributed any of these coins while the Professional Coin Grading Service of Newport Beach, CA, has attributed one 2010 Native American dollar with missing edge lettering in the brilliant circulation quality finish.

from HERE
  • Options
    Well with smalltown coins having 2 anacs has 8 ebay has 1 the guy in the coin world write up has 3 and then jmski52 has 1.

<jmski52 has 2>

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Answering my own post...image.....image it's ok, I'm single now and used to it!.....anyway just got home and read this To date, only ANACS has attributed any of these coins while the Professional Coin Grading Service of Newport Beach, CA, has attributed one 2010 Native American dollar with missing edge lettering in the brilliant circulation quality finish.

from HERE >>

Thanks for the link Eric.

Now I wait. image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    The wait ended today

and the disappoinment began! image

No MEL Sac's and I just finished going through the 5 sets.

I'll be lucky to get face value on any resale's.

I also got to thinking about the Abe Lincoln Dollar.
    Gawd what an ugly piece of work! The design of this particular coin just plain sucks as it does not say "Abraham Lincoln". Instead it says "What the heck am I supposed to be!"

Oh well.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I have 3. State of Michigan is dry, probably completely devoid of any sets unopened except retailed sets. 6 total in Michigan all from the same batch/source. No reports from most states.
    Total pop bets anyone?
  • Options
    I have 3. State of Michigan is dry, probably completely devoid of any sets unopened except retailed sets. 6 total in Michigan all from the same batch/source. No reports from most states. Total pop bets anyone?

Are you one of the guys that Ken Potter documented with some at a show in Michigan in Sept? He posted in late Sept. than no more have been seen, including on ebay. I've been looking, and I haven't seen a single one on ebay since the one mentioned in this thread.

Has anyone else encountered any of these lately? Just askin'.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I have 3. State of Michigan is dry, probably completely devoid of any sets unopened except retailed sets. 6 total in Michigan all from the same batch/source. No reports from most states. Total pop bets anyone?

Are you one of the guys that Ken Potter documented with some at a show in Michigan in Sept? He posted in late Sept. than no more have been seen, including on ebay. I've been looking, and I haven't seen a single one on ebay since the one mentioned in this thread.

Has anyone else encountered any of these lately? Just askin'.image >>

If I had, y'all would have heard about it.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Just one more bump for now.........................Anyone??? Any other reports of these???

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file