Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2010 PSA Fantasy Football League Season 4 Thread

League Payout:

12th,11th,10th and 9th place, owes 1st place

8th, 7th and 6th place, owes 2nd place.

5th place owes 3rd place.

Should a loser be a welch, they will NOTED as a welch in my sig. line, forever be known on these boards as a Welch, plus barred from future leagues. Any loser team should try to get cards that the winner would like (what you would like that person to do). But other then that, if you do not get what you think you should have gotten, I would suggest, letting it go and enjoying your win.
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    The Meteorites score early with a Bernard Berrian free agency pick up!

Bernad has promised to send the Rugby's Marines, my week 1 opponent, and the drafter of Sidney Rice, a free B/W press photo. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Football starts this week! Be sure to set your lineups.
  • Whi does 4th, 3rd & 2nd place owe?

There is only 1 winner. If 10th place owes someone somthing then so should 2nd?

Best regards!
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• << <i>Whi does 4th, 3rd & 2nd place owe?

There is only 1 winner. If 10th place owes someone somthing then so should 2nd?

Best regards! >>

2nd through 4th do not owe. If you had a concern on payout, such should have been brought up the 4-5 times I posted, asking for thoughts or ideals.
  • rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Meteorites score early with a Bernard Berrian free agency pick up!

Bernad has promised to send the Rugby's Marines, my week 1 opponent, and the drafter of Sidney Rice, a free B/W press photo. image >>

Can't believe I won. Hakeem Nicks saved me. And Sidney Rice nearly matched Bernard Berrian's production.

I never got that press photo. I'll send you my address again image
  • I think Bernard was working for you. Hard to imagine he would only make one tiny catch....and Favre not having anyone else to throw to. I am putting Bernard on the trading block and asking for a stadium worker.

Ryan Grant getting banged up is what really cost me. Philadelphia had no answer for the run.
  • I'll wait a couple weeks to start the weekly recaps like I usually do.

High Score of the week for Week 2, wins a prize...likely a little meteorite, or something like that.

Lost Ryan Grant for the season....which hurts my weakest position, but I still feel my team is strong.
  • 5 games in and The Meteorites have a heavy 2-3 record, losing the 3 games by a combined scored of 10 pts.

However, I finally get Hines Ward back (meaning Big Ben is back) and while the trade the other week...almost screwed me last Sunday...I should be another 5-10 pts. stronger in the long run. Funny thing, the trade, and my subs...almost won me the game as every player I picked up scored.

All three loses I also lost in the last quarter of the last game in my matchups. This Sunday I lost by the last min. interception on the Washington-Philly game. I had a 10 pt. lead going into the game with only our defenses against each other....pretty tough loss.

But anyway, ALL the top teams lost this week, and despite being in 10th place..I am only one week out with a strong team and average-about average pts....so looking much better then last year.

Hope the Bye-Weeks hurt you guys.....

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Bump. We are getting down to the nitty gritty here. A couple days left for trades. I have someone managed to have a decent surge to pull into 2nd place and am proud to be Artistlost's only loss this season. image
  • My team cant win for the life of them. I think I drafted a good team, made a good trade, and picked up a couple good free agents. It doesn't help I lost 5 of my games by less then 5 pts....but I decided to blame Scott. Every week he does good and lose, I do good and lose. I am sure there is a connection.
  • Artistlost has been in the top three every season so far.
  • Struck out against our board leader, artistlost sacs. Had him on the ropes for a little bit, when the 3 pm games where ending. Was down 15 pts. at that time with my main WR and RB left, and the defense yet to go on the other side. Then several of his players went into overtime and added 10 pts...but still no problem, just made it very close.

Then Hines went out in the first quarter and Pittsburgh fell behind and left the running game with it. I was rope-a-doped. This will likely be the first time I have ever posted a losing fantasy football record.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Struck out against our board leader, artistlost sacs. Had him on the ropes for a little bit, when the 3 pm games where ending. Was down 15 pts. at that time with my main WR and RB left, and the defense yet to go on the other side. Then several of his players went into overtime and added 10 pts...but still no problem, just made it very close.

Then Hines went out in the first quarter and Pittsburgh fell behind and left the running game with it. I was rope-a-doped. This will likely be the first time I have ever posted a losing fantasy football record. >>

I thought you had me until Hines went out...well played week.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I too, started Ward in my league. Had a shot for a W until he went down.image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My team cant win for the life of them. I think I drafted a good team, made a good trade, and picked up a couple good free agents. It doesn't help I lost 5 of my games by less then 5 pts....but I decided to blame Scott. Every week he does good and lose, I do good and lose. I am sure there is a connection. >>

Me? What did I do? I rack up points every week and seem to go against the high point guy most weeks. It's time for that stretch drive . . . you know, like the one in baseball... image
  • VICK
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

I managed to go 6-0 last week in my leagues. This week 1-5. Had key players on their bye in the majority of my leagues.

Still holding on to 2nd place.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Thought I had my game in the bag. Up by 61 points vs X-Factor going into tonight.

I still had David Akers and he had Cooley and Vick. The match up is over. Right?

Vick puts up 49 points and had me sweating, image but I somehow held on for the W ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
    Just lost Gore for the season and wasn't quick enough to pick up Westbrook. This may be the beginning of the end for me.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Despite being the 4th highest scoring team, I'm out of it, but at least got some satisfaction drilling first place artistlost this week and have a chance to play spoiler to otwcards next week.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    LOL. Spoil it for him. I am in 2nd currently and I thought I was a lock for the playoffs already, I guess I am not. One more win and I am in.
  • Being the underdog, I needed a wild card play. The Chiefs never beat the Broncos twice in a season, and a Broncos can never beat the Chiefs twice. Even when we (the Chiefs...not the evil Broncos) were 13-3 10 plus years or 3-13 a few years ago. We split the two conference games every year. So I knew the Chiefs would win Sunday....and subbed Brees for Cassell.

Cassell threw a TD the first quarter, and Brees was like 3 quarters in with only an interception at one pt, so it looked good. It looked good going in. It looked good in the game...my choice of subbing Brees that is. Final numbers Brees 18, Cassell 11. Fantasy Football....go figure.

Congrads to Scott with high score of the week, over 50 pts. from the 2nd highest score. A timely game, that likely secured a playoff spot.
    This was the only league I didn't lose 2 or more key players in the final 3 weeks.

Looks like the finals will be myself Team USSR vs. Artistlost Sacs.

Lets see if I can go 2-0 against Artistlost Sacs.

• The Meteorites set on the sideline of the playoffs during week 1 on the playoffs.

Congrads to artistlost sacs for his 1st seed finish. Props to Scott for turning his 2-5 start, into a 9-5 season.
    Well up 36 points on Sacs, lets see if White and Maclin can get it done for you. image
    Team USSR for the W.. USSR!! USSR!! image

Good game and fun season.
  • Will get the recap and all finished tonight or more likely tomorrow ( I rented The Expendables). Thanks everyone for playing. Hard to believe I finished next to last. My worth fantasy season ever. Baa!

<< <i>Team USSR for the W.. USSR!! USSR!! image

Good game and fun season. >>

Congrats! Well played and a lot of fun!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    I got very lucky to beat you, and twice at that. You had the strongest team in the league.
  • Thanks everyone for playing.

After a close 114-124 Super Bowl, Team USSR, who I thought they underdog was victorious. artistlost sacs takes second, the second year in a row. The Meteorites have dropped from 1st two years, to 8th last year to 11th place. Clearly, investing money in new concession stands and stadium lights did not help.

Final Standings:

1. Team USSR
    2. artistlost sacs
    3. wolfbear
    4. OTWCards
    5. Rugby's Marines
    6. X-Factor
    7. BigRedMachine
    8. CarsonPalmer
    9. Navarro's Nook
    10. jswieton
    11. The Meteorites
    12. Blood Bath & Beyond

And with that it is ante time. If you are not a top 4 finisher, please contact your person within a few days and start payout arrangements. Ante is considered two PSA 10's of interest ($20) or something very close to that. Most just pay pal I think. In the past a few have went out of their way in getting the right cards.

Navarro's Nook, jswieton, The Meteorites & Blood Bath & Beyond, owe Team USSR. Team USSR is CU forum member brendanb438.

X-Factor, BigRedMachine, and CarsonPalmer owe artistlost sacs

Rugby's Marines owes wolfbear.

OTW landed on free parking.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    thenavarro is paid up.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    Thank you Mike for the lightning fast payment. If only my eBay buyers would send payments in that quickly. image

My paypal email is brendanb438@yahoo.com to make it easy if Paypal is how you want to send payment.

If with cards I am a big 49ers fan and a also a fan of former Ohio State players.

<< <i>Thank you Mike for the lightning fast payment. If only my eBay buyers would send payments in that quickly. image

My paypal email is brendanb438@yahoo.com to make it easy if Paypal is how you want to send payment.

If with cards I am a big 49ers fan and a also a fan of former Ohio State players. >>

Great season guys!

paypal works for me to as I am saving for some bigger buys. my Paypal is

artist_lost@hotmail.com

thanks and looking forward to nest year!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    Payment received from Beck6 today.

Thank you.
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I have officially embarassed myself with the number one overall pick two years in a row. Just couldn't get anything going all year long.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
    Payment received from X-Factor.

Thanks!
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    Have received a payment or response back from everyone but jswieton so far. Happy New Year everyone, no rush everyone has been busy from the holidays.
    No contact from BigRedMachine or CarsonPalmer but figure we are just getting back in the swing of things from the holidays.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    Payment received from BigRedMachine. Thanks!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    No contact from jswieton. Everyone else has contacted me.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    PM sent, sorry for the delay.
  • There has been no contact, or answer, from CarsonPalmer. I hope nothing has happened to him as it appears it kind of dropped off the face of the earth. If anyone has contact with him, please note to him this message.

As of this time, he is currently on the banned from future leagues list....and actually the only one on it.

• rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys. I'm late to the pay-up party. I am in contact with wolfbear. We'll most likely be all square soon.

Looking forward to next year. Maybe I won't miss the draft....lol

Ian
    Anyone seen or heard from MeteoriteGuy lately? I hope all is alright.