Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I was just wondering if anyone thinks this Bust half looks cleaned or not?

Here is the link , so I was just wondering who thinks it looks hairlined or not?

Comments

  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly appears to have been dipped and looks to have quite few hairlines on it, but I don't know that those hairlines were from a cleaning.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭
    Do you think PCGS would have it as an MS coin?
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. I don't know, but I can tell you that there are more than a few MS graded CBHs already out there that I think are truly AU.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, so what do you think that one is, if you were grading it?
  • Options
    It absolutely has been and it certainly would grade again via PCGS as it's appearance is acceptable and the coin is not overly cleaned. image
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭


    << <i>It absolutely has been and it certainly would grade again via PCGS as it's appearance is acceptable and the coin is not overly cleaned. image >>



    It has been? How do you know that?
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the hairlines, particularly the reverse hairlines, are from a light cleaning. Still, an attractive coin and if I had to hazard a guess without seeing it first-hand, I would say it would slab with PCGS as a 58.

    Tom

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id prefer to see it in hand first. pics dont cut it with that question

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file