Home Sports Talk
Options

Look at Cryin' Sammy Sosa...

Steroid freak is upset the Cubs haven't retired his number. "My numbers don't lie," Sosa said. "Everything that I did was so big -- my career was so good -- that even if people want to scratch it from the board, it's not going to happen. Those numbers are going to stay there forever."

BooHooHoo

Comments

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Steroid freak is upset the Cubs haven't retired his number. "My numbers don't lie," Sosa said. "Everything that I did was so big -- my career was so good -- that even if people want to scratch it from the board, it's not going to happen. Those numbers are going to stay there forever."

BooHooHoo >>

I don't care about his alleged steroid use as he gave baseball some very memorable years. The thing that upsets me is his arrogance. The guy thought he was bigger than the team and thought his fecal matter did not stink. There were many games I was at where little kids were yelling his name during batting practice. Did the jerk ever acknowledge them? Absolutely not. At the annual Cubs Convention, IF he showed up, he had to be in a special room where you could meet him by invitation only. Jeez.

Plus, having your number retired is nothing to sneeze at and when did he learn to speak English? image

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Idiot.... Steroids and corked bats don't get you into the Hall OR your number retired. They get you what you deserve- SHAME!!! Maybe they should retire #21 and above the number put "So-So"
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Sosa was asked in a recent interview about testing positive for steroids, he replied "I don't want to talk about that". This is why we can't stand him and why he will never be a legend in this town. You use, you lose. Have a nice retirement.
  • Options
    maxdomemaxdome Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    I read the article on Sosa. I don't think the Cubs should retire his number. Imagine how many home runs Dave Kingman would of hit if he was on steroids.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can get in line in terms of numbers as to who is deserving of a retired Cubs uniform jersey...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?Yo no entiendo ingles?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate Sosa. When he did the no speak English I almost lost it. It was 10 times worse than "I'm not here to talk about the past" "He may have misremembered" and "pointing your finger as you say== I have never taken steroids"

What a complete loser. He is a 100% selection in the Hall of Shame. In my book he's the 1st to be enshrined. Bonds finishes a close 2nd.---His head wouldn't make it through the front door.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Me no habla Eenglesh.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts