Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My newp from ANA Boston. Question answered

TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
Stepping out looking for nice type coins. I also bought two nice proof Indians. Picture by Todd, thanks

image

Comments

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack I'm SO glad you ended up with this coin. STELLAR!image

    MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Quite pretty and full of personality!
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. I was told a very interesting story about how this small hoard of toned 1928 SLQ's came to be.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you mentioned the hoard of these because I have seen a relatively lange number of this date with similar toning over the years.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i> I also bought two nice proof Indians. >>



    Let's seem em!
    image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I'm glad you mentioned the hoard of these because I have seen a relatively lange number of this date with similar toning over the years. >>



    Me too all in NGC MS66 or MS67 plastic.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    WOW!

    That is real nice looking!
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭✭
    So tell us the hoard story.....
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    great coin - share the story!
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular SLQ "TONEDDOLLARS" Congratulations!

    ABimage
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    That is as real as they come. Love it!
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Thanks all. I was told a very interesting story about how this small hoard of toned 1928 SLQ's came to be. >>



    Do tell.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭
    p.s. stunning coin!
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a real beaut! Interesting toning. I would love to hear the story alsoimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I was told that A group of 12 coins came in from the same source. seems the coins, all 1928's were put in the shape of a clock in 1928 as an anniversary gift. They stayed in this holder for quite some time and were sold as is to a dealer.

    This person told me that almost all of them graded 67 and that one or two got full head.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I was told that A group of 12 coins came in from the same source. seems the coins, all 1928's were put in the shape of a clock in 1928 as an anniversary gift. They stayed in this holder for quite some time and were sold as is to a dealer.

    This person told me that almost all of them graded 67 and that one or two got full head. >>

    That jives with what I vaguely recall having heard years ago. I think that Delaware Valley was the dealer who acquired the group, intact. I have handled 3 or 4 different ones, seen a few others and my recollection is that there are more MS66's than 67's. Either way, each example is quickly identifiable as having originated with that highly distinctive group.

    Congratulations on your new acquisition.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Realone, sorry! Let me try again

    It was a dark stormy night........................................
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story... Shame no TPG service is encapsulating clocks! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • This content has been removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file