Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Opinion time! If Israel attacks Iran's nuclear sites, how will this impact Numismatics?

Please, let's keep this thread on topic. We do a fairly good job of policing ourselves. Therefore, let's keep politics out of this. image
Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oil prices go up. Markets go down. Gold skyrockets. Bullion market will be hyped.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    There will be a surge in interest in coins and currency from Israel and Iran.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oil prices go up. Markets go down. Gold skyrockets. Bullion market will be hyped. >>

• Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭

<< <i>There will be a surge in interest in coins and currency from Israel and Iran. >>

I agree, same happened with Irak and Sadam coins
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That surge is good for me as I am building a high grade set image
    BTW - we forgot the $ going up as well as in times of uncertaintly. More purchasing power for us.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be buying and selling with larger issues at stake

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There will be a surge in interest in coins and currency from Israel and Iran. >>

I agree, same happened with Irak and Sadam coins >>

I suspect there will be a decline in demand, because people will have more pressing matters to worry about.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    >>There will be a surge in interest in coins and currency from Israel and Iran>>

i think this statement works better with a image at the end

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    The answer, as always, is "it depends."

What will Iran's reposnse be? More sabre rattling or an all-out attack?

Who joins in the subsequent fray?

In other words, how severe will the consequences of the action be? I think we can only guess.

If it is relatively a non-event like the time Israel destroyed the nuke facility in Iraq, then it's business as usual. If it triggers world war, of course the numismatic market will collapse.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read up on CNN about those "closed flights" that are flying between Teheran and Caracas Venezuela. Seems as though a Venezuelan airline flys between the two cities but it is impossible to book tickets on these flights, and when the flights arrive in Caracas they taxi into a non-customs inspection area. Plus they stop over in Damascus.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize Iran housed their Mint in those heavy-reinforced silos!imageimage

I would think there'd be a temporary spike from those who didn't even know Israel or Iran minted their own coins, but then as they return to buying sets from QVC, etc, the market will return to normal.

- - Dave