NEWP Liberia 1847 2 Cents...

I picked this one up today!

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Lovely piece of copper.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I love that design, very nice.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I particularly like the tiger maple effect of the fields!
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coin!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Wow. I like that a lot. Congrats!
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    That one is about a hundred times better than the one my middle daughter has. She loves elephants, I love coins so we kind of met in the middle. Her other "white" elephants far out weigh the value of the modest coin collection we have found together, though she does keep looking for coins with elephants on them every time we visit a shop together... image

Not as bad as my baby though, she has a thing for dragons. OUCH!!! I try hard to guide her away from Chinese and bullion displays because with those green eyes of hers I would be in the poor house real quick if not held in check!

We will NOT get into my oldest girls collecting habits, let's say they are more of Storks and Madmarty's collecting interests (nothing wrong there, BTW). But most of her collection of coins and medals should not be posted on a PG site (though I love her for following my coin/medal collecting interests even if not my theme)... The best part though is she is self sufficient, she buys her own shocking coins these days... image

I love my girls, 3 for 3 on coin collecting including a 26 year old who still adds to her collection on a regular basis without prodding on my part... I am a happy camper!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    I find myself being drawn into the darkside. Don't have this yet, hope it looks half as nice as Ormandh's!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice- both the OP and yellowkid's. Always liked those, but never had one.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.