Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sniper alert- 1917-D Type 2 SLQ MS64 FH ending soon. (Reserve has been met)

A little bit over three hours remaining, as of the posting of this message. Reserve is met, bidding is currently @ $999. (PCGS trend price is $2,475).

Come n' get it... image

(Hmmm... guess I need to find another for my set, after I buy some Saints with this. Unless they remove the third SLQ from 1900-present Modern Type, in which case my set will be complete really soon ...)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever the masked bandit was that unsucessfully attempted the last-minute snipe, I salute you... thanks. I am pleased with the final price. Hopefully my winning bidder will be pleased with the coin. I think he will.

(edited to fix typo- "maked" instead of "masked"... duhhh)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to think his last second snipe would have been a winner for only 1 more cent.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Ok so which is it?

A) The price guide is way too high

B) The buyer got a real steal ( which means we were all sleeping)

C) The market value is dropping rapidly

D) The coin is seriously overgraded

E) ????
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say "A". (and "B", too, since I was the seller, LOL).

There is a big spread between PCGS and Numismedia on this coin, for some reason. I think Numismedia says something like $1,010 to PCGS's $2,475. Don't ask me why.

Maybe "C" as well, though I haven't seen that. I certainly don't think "D".

"E"? Well... ("????") says it all. image