Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1956 proof set, now #16

I got a kick out of that upgrade! There used to be 5 people tied for 16th. Now they all are tied for 17th. image

I added a big coin, a Jefferson in 67 DCAM, only 5 higher.

I owned one of the higher grade ones at one time and had it pedigreed. I sort of wish I still had that one, but I could not refuse the price offered and if I had to do it all over again I would go ahead and sell it again. (did that make sense? I think I may be mixing up my tenses...)

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the upgrade Carl.

1956 is a great year [my birth year, same as you and much better than Skyman's 1958 birth year].

Next time we see each other at Santa Clara, bring your 1956 set to show it off.

SanctionII.
  • Options
    Hey, Kevin I will bring my set! I have a mint set too also some RPMs. I may even get a few darkside coins. It is fun to narrow my collection down to coins from our excellent birth year, a year so much better than Skyman's. image Ain't the Registry great? We can be competitive in a friendly way. image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to bring my best 1956 raw Cameo proof set and see if it comes close to measuring up to yours.

Hope things are well with you Carl.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Nice set Carl.

1956 was a great year, my proof set of 1956 is tied for 57thimage but I only own the 1c