Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Newbie Question: What year to break profitably?

Sorry for a silly question in a first post, but I was wanting to break a case of some cheap baseball cards with my boys and submit a few to get some experience. What years of junk wax might yield some upside? I realize it depends on the price, etc. Could someone with experience give me some advice?

JBox

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    '88 Topps baseball can yield nice prices on the right PSA 10s.

If you're willing to do other sports, '89 Pro Set Football (especially 2nd Series) can do well for you if you hit big rookies or rare variations in PSA 10 condition.

Nick

Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    That's actually very helpful. I was already thinking about 88 Topps. I may look at the '89 proset too, definitely not opposed to some football. Thanks.

Any more suggestions?

JBox
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>'88 Topps baseball can yield nice prices on the right PSA 10s.

If you're willing to do other sports, '89 Pro Set Football (especially 2nd Series) can do well for you if you hit big rookies or rare variations in PSA 10 condition.

Nick >>

Nick, do you know what number the 2nd series starts with?? thanks al.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    1989 Fleer Baseball seems to be a nice cheap break with a couple future HOF RCs and some nice errors of you get an error case.