Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Joshua II set

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
this set did very well at auction.

Mercury dimes of quality bring strong money

I will miss seeing the set together but new sets will appear.
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: JOSHUA(Barry) posted in this thread....he retired the set. Thread in US Coin Forum
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I have waited before to release the numbers just to make sure.
    Dont want just anyone borrowing the registry numbers. Yes it does happen....
    Always loved looking at the set.

BILL
  • Options
    Check my edit above...
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Joshua Set was truly a beautiful set of Mercury Dimes.

I do think some or a lot of the bidders got caught up in a bidding frenzy!

It reminds me of the Bassio(sp) Mercurys auctioned some years ago where the 1919-D went for stupid money and beyond. Today it is still worth less than it went for then. Way less!
  • Options
    As posted in the US Coin Forum...

Well, I figure since I paid my invoice today....I can post it and add it to my set. Even though I will not be able to take my very own photos of it for a week or two.....here are the photos from Heritage.

PCGS Shows 41 in this Grade of MS 67 FB with none graded higher....although I would think a few of those 41 are re-submissions hoping for a higher grade. The 1931-D has the fourth lowest Quantity Minted (1,260,000) of the Mercury Dime Series and is considered a Semi-Key even though the 31-D was saved. I am well aware that I likely over paid for my new toy but I am ok with that since it will be in my hands for 20+ years. This will be a cornerstone of my collection for some time and I am sure to enjoy it.

Greg

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always loved that design.

It is nice to have what I call a 'slash zero' [no coins better in the population registry] in your set.

Nice looking dime.

Congratulations.