Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Card storage

Alright, here are some questions. I am in the process of designing cabinet with drawers for storing psa slabs. Right now i am using old cardboard boxes. In addition the cabinets will serve as the base for shelves for binders. Once I have my setup working well I might be taking orders if people like how they turn out.

Mine design so far is as follows. The drawers will be just under 4 feet wide and probably standard depth of about 2 feet. right now i have sized the height to be just a little taller than a tallboy standing upright. with this setup i can get 13 rows of standard slabs per drawer. this height will also hold all the other large slabs psa has in use but they will have to go on their sides. My plan was to use same drawer size for all the drawers with slots to put dividers based on the cards to be stored.

My main question for everyone is would the you mind the same size drawer for everything or would you want a drawers customized for each holder. By that I mean, would you want a shorter drawer for standard slabs? The other question is do you think that length of drawer would be too big, or would you like mixed drawer lengths?

For a visual think, look at your clothes drawers to see what i mean by mixed length drawers.
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Althoug it adds to the complexity and cost...if I were doing it I would add more drawers so you don't have to pull out a barbell every time you open.
    Keep it proportional.
    Kinda like a library card unit.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slabs do get heavy, so smaller drawers might be better. also strong hardware.

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    I've found these great new plastic storage boxes called "Really Useful Boxes". They are a British company and are selling through Office Depot and Staples. The boxes are strong and stackable. The best size for a 598 card set is the 42 Liter box but this size is not always readily available. The 32 Liter box is better for sets holding around 528 cards, 23 Liter works nicely for sets of 263 cards and the 17 Liter box is good for 200 card sets or less.