Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Patience pays off...............

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been trying to get a 1969-P dime in 66 for years!

Refused to pay 100 or 150 or 200 or..................................

Got one tonight on Teletrade (a nice one too) for 36 bucks! And it has real nice bands and I like the toning.

Just thought I would share.

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    NICE!! Congrats!!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Congrats! It's always nice to find that "right" coin. We searched for a 1883 No cents nickel for 6 years before finding the right one.... prolly looked at over 500 of them in grades from MS64-66.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    If I recall, a year or so ago, someone had dimes up on Teletrade with no reserves and
    I too picked up some nice upgrades. Waiting does work out as I too picked up the 70 and 79
    to complete my set before retirement.

BILL
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats! It's always nice to find that "right" coin. We searched for a 1883 No cents nickel for 6 years before finding the right one.... prolly looked at over 500 of them in grades from MS64-66. >>

Lot of them looked pretty dull, didn't they. Not easy to find a V nickel that's lustrous. Why is that?

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue. Congrats, Jon! image

Greg
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats! It's always nice to find that "right" coin. We searched for a 1883 No cents nickel for 6 years before finding the right one.... prolly looked at over 500 of them in grades from MS64-66. >>

Lot of them looked pretty dull, didn't they. Not easy to find a V nickel that's lustrous. Why is that? >>

Not the problem at all. This date comes well struck on the obverse or reverse, but rarely (until recently I woulda said NEVER) comes fully-struck on both sides.

As for the "dull" question, from what I've been told nickel is very hard to dip 'correctly' and will often leave a dull appearance when dipped.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>I have been trying to get a 1969-P dime in 66 for years!

Refused to pay 100 or 150 or 200 or..................................

Got one tonight on Teletrade (a nice one too) for 36 bucks! And it has real nice bands and I like the toning.

Just thought I would share. >>

Pic? image
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an under rated year, especially by people that dont collect dimes. Poor quality was normal for many of the dimes. Good job on the pickup!