Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

SOMEBODY's been spending money on Lincolns!

The R.S. Gore set has both a 1914-D AND a 1924-D in MS64RD. I'd say that's a good $10,000 between those two coins! What an update! I'll be at that point one day!

R.S. Gore Lincolns

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had both of these in MS65RD in my hand in the last month. One of them is one Ebay now (the 1924-D in PCGS MS65RD). Not sure that the total cost was $10,000 though, not even in 65.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Actually, you're right, I was thinking that the 1914-D in MS64RD is a $5000 coin and then I was thinking that your coin on eBay was a MS64RD. But I was wrong. My bad. But still, he spent some big bucks.

Want to sell me that 24-D at $100/month for three and a half years? image Hehehehe, just kidding.
  • Options
    MastaHanky,

Thanks for comments, I've been waiting for a while and finally found the right ones. I must thank Uncle Sam for not taking as much as I thought that helped alot. I now need 7 more, a 11D in 65RD is in the mail as we speak and if it looks as good as I was told then it will be 6 and upgrades kick in!!

Rich
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Great set Rich and thanks for keeping it open for all to see. I am waiting for you next upgrade before I release the latest version of the excel sheet that compares the sets (well, I am also waiting for MY new coins)

-pjp
  • Options
    Did you folks see the new set just in at number 5?
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Wow, nice place to start (and it is #4 in the current list). Just
    think of all of the other sets just lurking out there.

• Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Rich;

Great set isn't it? If i'm right, this is being auctioned off by Superior soon, so you may want to give it a good look to see about upgrades (or the missing 6). Angel Dee's (Andy Skrabalak) always has some great coins and anyone serious about this set should have him on their speed dial IMO. When I was collecting this series, the only dealer who helped me out more than Andy was Wondercoin.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I concur with Rella.Andy with Angel Dees has consistantly more high grade with eye appeal Lincolns.At every Baltimore show,I stop and usually buy at least 1 Lincoln from him.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Yes Andy was the man that helped me out on my recent coins. He's been a great asset in building the collection and has really helped guide me in my selections. Hopefully, The last pieces and my upgrades will come from him, he has a great eye.

Rich