Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Is this worth regrading?

I am not a photographer but I was wondering if this coin would be worth sending in for a regrading? OPINIONS?
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Most likely, not.

If I owned it, I would not re-submit it unless I thought it would up-grade by more than a point. The spread between a 65 and a 66 is only about $80, a good portion of which would be eaten up by grading fees and postage, even if it up-graded. And as is, in the green label holder, you might get something above typical 65 money for it.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Most likely, not.

If I owned it, I would not re-submit it unless I thought it would up-grade by more than a point. The spread between a 65 and a 66 is only about $80, a good portion of which would be eaten up by grading fees and postage, even if it up-graded. And as is, in the green label holder, you might get something above typical 65 money for it. >>

Cant get better advice than that!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said...

I am sure it’s a Very nice coin. Minimum fee to submit would be at least $47. And given the stories here about doing that Plus thing…it’s not worth getting suckered into the "plus" party. I would just keep and enjoy it as is.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    This is a good example of a coin that speaks for itself. You don't need a + or a green bean sticker to show that it's high end for the grade, if not undergraded. If, on the other hand, you think you've got a shot at MS66+ or 67 (hard to tell from a thumbnail photo), then it may be worth it. You'd be giving up an old green holder, though.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I just was wondering as the coin has nice mark free surfaces and I thought it might be under graded a bit. A local shop here sends coins to PCGS for $23.00 each. I will think about it for awhile
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins