Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PLUS grading question?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK, I am confused, I'd call customer service but I want to get an order ready this weekend, Any help would be appreciated.

Question #1 - Can I get a PLUS grade on a coin which will have a regular NON- Shield label?

Question #2 - On regular Modern Service is this PLUS Grade eligible?

Question #3 - On Modern Econony is it PLUS Grade eligible and is there any additional charge for PLUS grading?

Thanks, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>OK, I am confused, I'd call customer service but I want to get an order ready this weekend, Any help would be appreciated.

Question #1 - Can I get a PLUS grade on a coin which will have a regular NON- Shield label?

Question #2 - On regular Modern Service is this PLUS Grade eligible?

Question #3 - On Modern Econony is it PLUS Grade eligible and is there any additional charge for PLUS grading?

Thanks, GrandAm image >>

Yes, Yes, No
  • Options
    So PLUS grading is not eligible on Modern $14 grading, is that correct?
  • Options

<< <i>So PLUS grading is not eligible on Modern $14 grading, is that correct? >>

Correct, kind of a shame, I just sent in a bunch of coins, too many to afford the Reg submission fees.
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    yes, no, no.

Plus(+) grades are available on all submissions except Modern and Economy.
  • Options
    Grandam - on #2 you said "regular Modern", which I assumed you meant "regular - $30" which does get plus with modern coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Grandam - on #2 you said "regular Modern", which I assumed you meant "regular - $30" which does get plus with modern coins. >>

Yes, I meant the $30 grading,
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

<< <i>yes, no, no.

Plus(+) grades are available on all submissions except Modern and Economy. >>

it's late , but I want to be sure I'm O.K in the morning ;I just checked the PCGS page for Secure Plus and did not see where a "+" could be obtained

except under a Secure Plus submittal .........

just to be made clear ; a "+" can be added to the grade even on a regular tier , non-Secure Plus submittal ?
  • Options
    awwwah jezuss ; i'm not going to get any sleep :

question ) Can I get a PLUS grade on a coin which will have a regular NON- Shield label?

answer ) Plus(+) grades are available on all submissions except Modern and Economy.

question ) 15. Q: Can one get a plus grade without Secure Plus?

answer ) DW: Plus grades are only available for PCGS Secure Plus coins.

what the ........... ?
  • Options

<< <i>awwwah jezuss ; i'm not going to get any sleep :

question ) Can I get a PLUS grade on a coin which will have a regular NON- Shield label?

answer ) Plus(+) grades are available on all submissions except Modern and Economy.

question ) 15. Q: Can one get a plus grade without Secure Plus?

answer ) DW: Plus grades are only available for PCGS Secure Plus coins.

what the ........... ? >>

Plus grades were originally available only on Secure Plus submissions however that recently changed.

It is my understanding that all submissions are now considered for Plus grading except for $14 Modern & $18 Economy Submissions.

GrandAm image
  • Options

<< <i> It is my understanding that all submissions are now considered for Plus grading except for $14 Modern & $18 Economy Submissions.

GrandAm image >>

I think regrades & crosses are also exempt from the Plus grading.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    here is their announcement

PCGS expanded plus link

If I understand this correctly, if you want (+)'s on your IKES, they have to go through at least the regular submission level (and qualify for the plus)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> It is my understanding that all submissions are now considered for Plus grading except for $14 Modern & $18 Economy Submissions.

GrandAm image >>

I think regrades & crosses are also exempt from the Plus grading. >>

Why would regrades be exempt? That makes no sense?

GrandAm image
  • Options
    Sinin 1 ..........

thank you kindly for the link - i thought I had read something, somewhere .......but was too tired to search .

• Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    maybe we haven't updated the website as we should have. I will check on that tomorrow.

As of August 1, all submissions except Modern and Economy are eligible for Plus(+) grades.

It's that simple.

Only coins submitted through Secure Plus will get scanned and registered and put in a holder with the new shield label.
  • Options

<< <i>maybe we haven't updated the website as we should have. I will check on that tomorrow.

As of August 1, all submissions except Modern and Economy are eligible for Plus(+) grades.

It's that simple.

Only coins submitted through Secure Plus will get scanned and registered and put in a holder with the new shield label. >>

Don,

If I submit for Plus grading (non-Secure Plus) and get a Plus, then I can submit for Secure Plus Reholdering and automatically get the Plus on a Shield Holder right?

I would expect everyone submitting more expensive coins will feel they have to take this route - so eventually all coins without a Plus will be in regular holders and all coins with a Plus will be in Shield Holders.

Another question - I can now cross a coin from another TPG under the regular Plus grading service right?
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    Forget all the + talk. When is the quarterly special that provides for one free upgrade on a coin of your choosing? I would rather have the coin bump from a 63 to a 64 that get a 63+. image