Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New National 75 mini group rip

Official group rip thread for a fresh rip of 75 minis.

Steve bought a case last night and has offered to let us rip a box at $28/pack. Anyone who is at the National and would like to participate, please stop by. If anyone wants a few but is not present, I will buy them for you and ship Monday.

If you are not present and want a few, email me at dholler@comcast.net and I will give you further instructions.

First come first serve. 9 of the 36 packs are already accounted for and that is just between me and Neil.

Comments

• Options
    you got mail.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Cool,

Email sent.

I hesitated the first round and missed out.

Hope there is some available.

Joe
  • Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    email sent.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-mail sent. Thanks!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    e-mail sent. Thanks!
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    bought 1 mini pack today.. there are pack fresh! my centering was off top to bottom but crisp. star power was a bench and carew. was fun! might do more tomorrow from them. corey
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    We wants pics.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the mini's - I remember the big rip organized a few years ago.

Is centering a major issue with these boxes?
    Mike
  • Options
    Email Sent
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    NugenNugen Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I am going tomorrow and Sunday and will stop by. Thanks for setting it up!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    email sent

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Email sent.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    message sent for 5 if still possible
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Official group rip thread for a fresh rip of 75 minis.

Steve bought a case last night and has offered to let us rip a box at $28/pack. Anyone who is at the National and would like to participate, please stop by. If anyone wants a few but is not present, I will buy them for you and ship Monday.

If you are not present and want a few, email me at dholler@comcast.net and I will give you further instructions.

First come first serve. 9 of the 36 packs are already accounted for and that is just between me and Neil. >>

-------------------------------------------

how nice of him!
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    It sounds like he got into some serious trouble according to his eBay feedback. I dont believe he would have made off with peoples money in a situation like the National, with it being in person.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    wow..looks like he jacked over 10k by selling silver he didn't own...mania+greed+ebay rarely ends well...
  • Options

<< <i>It sounds like he got into some serious trouble according to his eBay feedback. I dont believe he would have made off with peoples money in a situation like the National, with it being in person. >>

would you want him to have YOUR WAX PACKS for any amount of time? a simple trip to his car could have sufficed for a search

he obviously learned from Gary.....wonder if anyone got STARS in the packs "he distributed"
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for digging this up detective!
    You're a valuable asset to the collecting community.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    Actually, this thread is important, but for a different reason. It illustrates that none of the board members here, no matter how many posts, are Steve Hart. Honestly, I'm shocked that someone like him exists in this hobby, and we should all be grateful for that.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I will see him at the National,Thanks!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>I like the mini's - I remember the big rip organized a few years ago.

Is centering a major issue with these boxes? >>

An earlier Stone193 Scan ('75 mini's are cool!)

rd

• Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭

<< <i>e-mail sent. Thanks! >>

I guess I should be glad he ignored my e-mail...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I bought six packs from Bill while he was at the National and all were untampered with and box fresh...a couple were submitted and slabbed by PSA as well.

Checked Bill's ebay feedback and all I can say is Wow...can't believe he'd steal that kind of money, and if true, he should be held fully responsible. Guess you never can tell with people. Sad..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    this has been said already elsewhere, but lets not confuse Bill's ebay feedback with his time here on the CU boards. whatever is going on with the silver he was selling on ebay...that is far removed from the behavior he displayed here. IMO, he was a valuable contributor to numerous threads and as a seller- he always delivered good material. Lets not take the ebay situation and re-write history and make him out to be a "bad guy" here too....He wasn't.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    HuncrelanHuncrelan Posts: 216

<< <i>Actually, this thread is important, but for a different reason. It illustrates that none of the board members here, no matter how many posts, are Steve Hart. Honestly, I'm shocked that someone like him exists in this hobby, and we should all be grateful for that. >>

I would think most people on this board are as honest as Steve Hart. I don't know most of them but I have no reason to believe they are theives. I judge people by their actions, I am very cautious and wouldn't send my cards or money to them until I built some sort of relationship first.

Paul
  • Options

<< <i>Thank you so much for digging this up detective!
    You're a valuable asset to the collecting community. >>

+1
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>this has been said already elsewhere, but lets not confuse Bill's ebay feedback with his time here on the CU boards. whatever is going on with the silver he was selling on ebay...that is far removed from the behavior he displayed here. IMO, he was a valuable contributor to numerous threads and as a seller- he always delivered good material. Lets not take the ebay situation and re-write history and make him out to be a "bad guy" here too....He wasn't. >>

I kinda disagree!

I find it to be a serious flaw in one's character, to screw & steal from fellow hobbyists, whether it be on the CU threads, on ebay, the Nationals, or wherever.

The fact that all those group rips, group PSA subs that had successful conclusions here, does not excuse dishonesty and theft perpetrated elsewhere.

Is he a thief of the worst kind? Just ask all the wonderful years Bernie Madoff had with so many of his so-called friends and business partners! They loved him for all his help and the great annual returns he provided.

Steal from your fellow church or synagogue members?

Dishonor your teammates by purposefully under performing, to win a large gambling bet on the other team?

Or just screwing fellow hobbyists out of thousands of their "hobby dollars", no matter if it wasn't on the CU threads?

Food for thought image

rd
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>FWIW, I bought six packs from Bill while he was at the National and all were untampered with and box fresh...a couple were submitted and slabbed by PSA as well.

Checked Bill's ebay feedback and all I can say is Wow...can't believe he'd steal that kind of money, and if true, he should be held fully responsible. Guess you never can tell with people. Sad.. >>

Bill was outgoing in helping me out through PMs when I was new to these boards and had some questions. That ebay situation makes no sense at all. If he was going to "go out with a bang" by totally ripping off those coin buyers all at the same time, it would do him no good to continue delivering on those $1 to $2 card deals during and after those coin transactions. Is it possible someone got a hold of his ebay password and linked a second Paypal account to it for a few weeks without Bill knowing?
  • Options

<< <i>this has been said already elsewhere, but lets not confuse Bill's ebay feedback with his time here on the CU boards. whatever is going on with the silver he was selling on ebay...that is far removed from the behavior he displayed here. IMO, he was a valuable contributor to numerous threads and as a seller- he always delivered good material. Lets not take the ebay situation and re-write history and make him out to be a "bad guy" here too....He wasn't. >>

your joking right?

he single handedly (sp) chased more good board members away then anyone else....he was a POISON on these boards who thought POST COUNT gave him the right to be a major D^&&*Head to everyone and anyone...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think Bill learned the hard way that Silver was very volatile as of late.

This is just my guess.

IMO everyone was paid back, a few were pissed off because they thought that they
    scored a deal/profit and when the coins did not arrive they claimed they were ripped off.

Bill is not the first seller of Gold/Silver to have this happen to him.
    Good for you.