Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Edward II and Richard II

A couple of raw pieces arrived today from the UK. Halfpennies in silver, now don't go asking a lot of questions about these because I am new to the world of hammered silver halfpennies, just getting my feet wet with them. Yes, it was like Christmas at my house today. Well, Mrs. JCM wasn't thinking Christmas thoughts as she signed for the packages but I am sure she will get over it.

Edw. II 1307-27, S1472, London mint Class 11:

Richard II 1377-99, S1679, London mint, called the Intermediate style.

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces from England's past. All my coin mail comes into a post office box that is like 10km from our house, wife only checks it when I am overseas - Mama don't mind what a mama don't see. 'Cept one time she saw my bank statement while I was overseas.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Hahaha! Stupid electronic bank statements! Nice coins!
  • Options
    Nice coins JCMhoustan , my favorite style/series ..odd , i never inteded it to be.The Richard must have been a tricky one , i'm missing one from his reign.I acquired this one recently , another "tricky" one Mary Queen of Scots , this is her Bawbee.

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice James, I really like that thistle design.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces Jeff.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice James, I really like that thistle design. >>

It shows up often on the coins , theres a design with the crossed sword and septre which i have a couple of examples albeit poor ones , i like that design a lot too.