Home Sports Talk

Shaq to the Celtics!

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now, I am sure Shaq will get himself into incredible shape in the off-season, and dominate like during his Laker days! image

And Ray Allen will teach him to shoot free throws, so the Celts will be UNSTOPPABLE next season! imageimage

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

he certainly will add personality to the team.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I only see him playing alot against teams that like to run and in the last minute of games for his free throws.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back Sheed too!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I only see him playing alot against teams that like to run and in the last minute of games for his free throws. >>

where's the love? image
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    = Russell2010?
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they don't ask him to spell Distinguo or race Earnhardt Jr he should be just fine! image
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    He's gonna want some stupid nickname now like the big 4-leaf shaqrock or dummer.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I actually think this is a good move. When the time comes to dispatch the Heat in the playoffs, we will have a healthy Perkins (hopefully), Shaq, and Jermaine O'Neal in the middle. The Heat have Zydrunas Whatshisface, and no one else I can think of at the moment.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's gonna want some stupid nickname now like the big 4-leaf shaqrock or dummer. >>

ESPN's actually running a poll on their website asking which would be the best nickname for him. Right now, "The Big Leprechaun" is winning with 47%. The other choices are "St Shaqtrick", "Shaqrock" and "The Four-Ring Clover".

I kinda don't know why his joining the Celtics is really such a surprise.....I mean after all, "O'Neal" is Irish isn't it?

Steve
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I mean after all, "O'Neal" is Irish isn't it? >>

Which one Shaquille or Jermaine? image
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    The C's are building their team to compete with the Lakers....unfortunately, they have to get through the Heat to meet the Lakers, and I'm not sure they are equipped to to that, especially without Tony Allen. Sure Pierce or Ray Allen can do a decent job defensively on LeBron/Wade, but as Allen showed in the Finals, it takes way too much energy to be a stopper, and he wasn't effective at the offensive end after guarding Kobe all game. The C's desperately need a defensive shooting guard/small forward to put the clamps on Wade or LeBron for stretches at a time.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Shaq ought to be good for at least 3 points a game.
    Capecards
  • 3 boards as well, I think a good affordable move, no risk and adds personality.

• << <i>He's gonna want some stupid nickname now like the big 4-leaf shaqrock or dummer. >>

The jolly green giant seems to fit the best.
  • benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He's gonna want some stupid nickname now like the big 4-leaf shaqrock or dummer. >>

The jolly green giant seems to fit the best. >>

i like the jolly green giant lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaq is a non factor
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    i'm not a big shaq fan but i think he will help with rebounding and an inside presence

i hope
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started