Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 topps baseball uncut sheet

I have an uncut sheet of 1971 Topps baseball cards, half of the first series. Size is 11 cards across by 12 rows down. Munson, Jackson, Rose, Niekro are on the sheet twice because the first 6 rows are repeated. Any ideas regarding price and whether or not this item would fetch interest on eBay?

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    include bigger scan
    any rips or creases?
    yes there will be lots of interest depending on condition
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    This sheet is quite common as Topps ran a promotion for these. I would value it at $100 to $200 depending on the condition. John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    John, thank you!
  • Options
    No rips, but creases at the top center margin and right center margin.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    If you're looking to sell I would gladly pay you in excess of John's assesment- I've got a couple of other '71 sheets but not that one.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Griffins, thank you. I am planning to auction it using eBay (unless someone knows a better auction site) but with a reserve, the figure that John suggested the sheet may be worth. If the reserve isn't met, I'll frame the sheet instead, hang it in a place of prominence, and enjoy Topps on the wall.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This sheet is quite common as Topps ran a promotion for these. I would value it at $100 to $200 depending on the condition. John >>

I really didn't know this - what is the source of information?
    Mike
  • Options
    A sheet very similar to mine sold on collector.com for $941. http://www.collect-auctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=7061
  • Options
    Did you want an applause?
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    I've seen sheets with much less star power go in the $100-200 range.
    A more realistic price for this if the creases aren't terrible is $600-800.
    Larger pics would be great.
    Good luck and keep us informed on where it ends up for auction.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    I think I saw that sheet at the national for a price of just under 200 dollars..I think that was a fair price..see what ebay will bring. Did you get it at the National show? Good luck
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This sheet is quite common as Topps ran a promotion for these. I would value it at $100 to $200 depending on the condition. John >>

I really didn't know this - what is the source of information? >>

Stone, here's the promotion. The major league card poster was just the 132 card sheet (half shown) in the first post. John

• Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    So does the OP have an uncut sheet (card stock, with backs) or does he have a poster (like glossy stock, just showing the cards)? I hadn't heard of that promotion before. Either way, it's a cool item.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the "poster" was this 132 card sheet printed on regular card stock (with full reverse). John