Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp 1795 $ what do you think pics added Grade in

Just got this back and it came back PCGS F12. image

I won this a while ago. It came with the original ANACS cert as VG8.

Just won this on ebay. ebay link Looks better than vg8 to me. But, I am not an expert. Do you think I did OK?
Just arrived and I am happy. Any change of opinions on what you think it might grade?
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned I guess.......
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lesson learned I guess....... >>

I still have return time to return. But what exactly do you see so wrong with it?

Thanks,
    Richard

<< <i>

I still have return time to return. But what exactly do you see so wrong with it?

Thanks,
    Richard >>

Lesson learned for me......not you. I think you did fine.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pics, the coin looks nice to me.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Lesson learned I guess .......

Edited to add I still like it. Nice.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your coin was discussed last week in this thread.

You did well for the price.

peacockcoins

• TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was better than a vg-8.

Tom

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks good from picture
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks,
    Richard >>

Lesson learned for me......not you. I think you did fine. >>

It sounds as if the OP was not aware of your thread about the coin when he won it and posted here.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks,
    Richard >>

It sounds as if the OP was not aware of your thread about the coin when he won it and posted here. >>

Even if he was, I hold no animosity toward him. I could've easily hit buy it now as well. My lesson was, don't sit on the fence and buy the coin before someone else does.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think you did fine. Provided it hasn't been cleaned, I think it has a good shot at VG10. It was a very fair price, too. I was tempted (even though it would be a duplicate) to buy it, get it slabbed and resell it.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks,
    Richard >>

It sounds as if the OP was not aware of your thread about the coin when he won it and posted here. >>

Even if he was, I hold no animosity toward him. I could've easily hit buy it now as well. My lesson was, don't sit on the fence and buy the coin before someone else does. >>

I am glad you saw nothing wrong with it. I am sorry I didn't see you thinking about it. I would have sat back. I have lost things waiting as well and know that feeling missing out. When you posted your first comment I was really afraid I picked poorly. This is my first us coin prior to 1800 and was excited that I was able to afford what looked nice to me. I will post pics when it arrives.
    Thanks for the responses,
    Richard
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    That was a very good price. I think most people, myself included, wouldn't have the guts to buy that kind of coin raw on ebay. There are too many things that can go wrong.
    Hope it works out for you! If it grades a VG 10, you can make a pretty good profit on it!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

<< <i>That was a very good price. I think most people, myself included, wouldn't have the guts to buy that kind of coin raw on ebay. There are too many things that can go wrong.
    Hope it works out for you! If it grades a VG 10, you can make a pretty good profit on it! >>

If it didn't have the cert I would never have done it. I considered it semi raw.image
    Richard
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya did great!

bobimageimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin... I also saw that piece on the bay & had some thoughts on pulling the trigger too, but was a little short on the $$$.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin.
    You have a bigger pair than I do, and I hope it works out well for you.
    I desire to own a pre-1800 dollar one of these days, with at least as much "meat" as this one does.

Good for you image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Pics added on original post.
    Thanks,
    Richard
  • AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭
    Looks pretty dern nice to me!
    There are some abrasion marks on the obverse that looks like it was slid across a surface at one time. I don't think that would prevent it from grading. My concern would be the possible grafitti between states and of on the reverse.
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    10 maybe 12?
    Love it regardless
    I finally got around to grading this coin. It came back PCGS F12.image
    So I am very happy with that. It was the best I was hoping out of it. I was really only expecting a 10.
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    wow, congrats. with the guts goes to glory. That is a very nice coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file