Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Can 80s Fleer Football (Half License) Cards Go in Registry Sets?

Does anyone know if the 1980s Fleer Action (football) cards (I think that is what they are called) can be submitted for the registry for player sets?

Like, can I submit the 1987 Fleer Bucs card for the Steve Young Master Set, or my various PSA graded 80s Fleer cards with Marcus Allen for the Marcus Allen Master Set?

I think the sets were licenced by the league only, so they do not have player names on the cards, but I think the guides do list the player...or in some/most cases.

Guess if I was cool, I would have made some scans, but I didn't.

Clear Skies,
Mark
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    Mark, if it is graded already what does the flip say? player name? If PSA put a name on the flip I would think they should be ok adding it to the registry. Just a guess on my part.
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    not sure, but I believe the Fleer team action cards ARE included in Walter Payton's master set...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Made some scans. Took a while because I had to scan other cards, and have been rewording my image files. There are several websites now that grab all photobucket images. Kind of a little annoying.

Thanks for the note on the Payton set. Will check it out and go if they are listed, will go ahead and submit the Allen's and the Young I have.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Yes, they can go in player sets. I've got 4 or 5 of them in my Lawrence Taylor Master Set.
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the low-down as told to me last year by either Cosetta or BJ. I was attempting to add a couple Fleer in-action cards to my Dan Fouts Master Set, and was told that they could not be added.

Simply put, PSA's rule is that in order for the card to be put in a particular player's registry set, that player must be referred to "by name" on either the front or back of the card. Simply being pictured on the card is not enough. Additionally, if either Krause's Standard Catalog or Beckett lists the specific player as being on that card, then the card can be added to the registry set.

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks for the notes. Guess it will be a roll of the dice kind of. Went ahead and submitted them...we will see.
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Not sure, but I dont think that is Marcus Allen on the 1984 #25 card. I donr think he wore that style helmet. Maybe it is Kenny King?

<< <i>Made some scans. Took a while because I had to scan other cards, and have been rewording my image files. There are several websites now that grab all photobucket images. Kind of a little annoying.

Thanks for the note on the Payton set. Will check it out and go if they are listed, will go ahead and submit the Allen's and the Young I have.

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    You know I think you may be right on that one. I bought it not long ago from a well known psa eBay seller as a Marcus Allen card. Feel a little cheated now....but I guess it was an honest mistake. image

I do have some of other Fleer Marcus Allen cards...may post them sometime. I kind of like the Fleer cards personally.

I am #2 on both the Allen registries...and only a few cards from the #1 in basic.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure, but I dont think that is Marcus Allen on the 1984 #25 card. I donr think he wore that style helmet. Maybe it is Kenny King? >>

That would be my guess, too. Looking at the '83 Raiders roster, he seems the only likely candidate with a number that fits with that image.
  • Options

Booo!