Home Sports Talk
Options

early odds for winning the Superbowl this season...

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
According to one polling site, these four teams have 10-1 odds as of right now:

Cowboys
Saints
Jets
Chargers

The longest shot:

Buccaneers (150-1)

What do you think? Any of these surprise you? Who else would you put as a contender? Who do you think may shockingly have a lousy season? It's August folks. Are you ready for some football??? image

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Cleveland Browns!

Did I win yet?
  • Options

<< <i>Cleveland Browns!

Did I win yet? >>

Cleveland still has a team??? I heard they were "taking their talent to South Beach"! image I guess they will be pretty good if Bernie Kosar can get some help huh??? image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty sad when some of the really die hard fans are saying "I think we will have a really good team this year, we might even make it to .500"! lol
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs might as well be All The Money In The World to one...doesn't matter. LOL
  • Options
    As far as the Browns are concerned...I don't really know much about the team as a whole, never heard of most of the running backs. I live about 30 minutes from Clemson, so I did follow James Davis quite a bit. He's fun to watch. We'll see if he makes it in the NFL. Massaquoi played at Georgia(my favorite college team) and when his fingers work, he is good, but he is prone to dropped passes and fumbles. Again, we'll see what he does. image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I am a huge Cowboys fan, why all the love all of a sudden?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already reserving the right to "The Jets Road to the Super Bowl thread.." Steve (winpitcher) asked me to wait until September to start it, though..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Vikings

Colts
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Vikings

Colts >>

I will definitely echo the Vikings!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    anyone taking Dallas at 10-1 might as well take that money and buy Lotto tickets.

No way in hell Dallas ever wins a Super Bowl again.
  • Options
    maxdomemaxdome Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    In my local newspaper Coach Cable is talking Super Bowl.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No way in hell Dallas ever wins a Super Bowl again. >>

Wake me when Tony Romo wins the big one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Vikings

Colts >>

I will definitely echo the Vikings! >>

Do you have faith THAT much faith in Tavaris Jackson? image
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Vikings

Colts >>

Do you have faith THAT much faith in Tavaris Jackson? image >>

Ditto. The Vikings become a very mediocre team overnight with the departure of Favre. I still think they are over .500, but not an NFC contender. Also, if the original post was true, I'd put some money down on the Saints at 10-1. Repeats are tough, but this year's team is basically the same that just won the superbowl minus Scott Fujita. I'll take 10-1 all day with that team. I also think the Giants will bounce back and could be a 12 win team this year. My longshot (really longshot) money would be on the Texans.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Vikings

Colts >>

It looks like my first post was about 3 hours too early on August 3. With TJack, we would probably not make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the Vikes odds moved yet?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    The only song I have in my head is "Should I stay or should I go" by The Clash.
  • Options
    Bengals!

that is all..
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Bengals!

that is all.. >>

what odds and how much do you want to put on it?

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone taking Dallas at 10-1 might as well take that money and buy Lotto tickets.

No way in hell Dallas ever wins a Super Bowl again. >>

I would not go that far.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Texans!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    49ers all the way
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to Woody: get Revis in camp...NOW! Sell more q-tips or ramp up the baby shampoo prices, but get this deal done!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.