Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is the most expensive purchase you have made on the BST board?

123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
I once spend $700.00 for a CBQ.

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once spent a dime on a nickel.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    $650 for a coin posted for sale. $755 for a coin directly offered to me via PM. image
    Zach
  • Options

<< <i>I once spent a dime on a nickel. >>

Thank you HRH.image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excessively expensive Southern branch mint gold piece. Only D gold I've ever owned.

But I don't kiss and tell.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    This one:

Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost $2000 for a "real" key date

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Completed a BST trade a couple years ago for 5ozs of GAE proofs.

Sold them last fall on BST for $8700.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of bullion deals for close to $3000 each. All were smooth transactions with well established forum members.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    No doubt a Walker from cucamonga, but nothing really big.

I've tried to follow the BST, but I just don't see many early Walkers for sale there. hint hint image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somethings gold
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I can think of one 3K PCGS VF-XF early dollar that I still have. I've bought/sold/brokered several bullion deals in the 5-10K range. All with established 'circle of trust' type forum members. With me it's not so much how big the deal is...its who am I dealing with. If I'm comfortable with the latter issue, I don't worry about the size of the deal.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is this coin that came "sort of" through the BST:

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I bought a bust dollar for around $3000 a year or so ago; can't even remember who I got it from now; hey, this Alzheimers is getting serious!image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it was $80.00, perhaps less. The spirit is willing, but the wallet isn't there!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    A 1916-D Merc from Gerard.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    $4100 and I hope to meet the coin in Boston at the ana
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Bought the one below with nothing more than a promise the coin was nice and a return policy. Also asked a few members to make sure the guy was good and a check was sent, I think it was ~$8k.

imageimage
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options

<< <i>Bought the one below with nothing more than a promise the coin was nice and a return policy. Also asked a few members to make sure the guy was good and a check was sent, I think it was ~$8k.

imageimage >>

Gorgeous Seated Dollar Mark.image
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    600.00 I Am a poor working man so thats a lot to me. The BST is a very good resource.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing yet for me...but I am new around here.....all in due time. I look forward to the opportunities of the future. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    NewRoseNewRose Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Would you also like to know my S.S. #, and my mother's maiden name? image

My most expensive purchase was $500. Sold the thing for $550, so I did okay. image

Successful BST transactions with: copperhunter (2010), Tdec1000 (2010), barrytrot (2011), kaz, (2011), Metalsman (2011), jimineez1 (2020), U1chicago (2020)

• Options
    probably about $4000.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $4,500
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1,350 for a $20 gold Lib from a fairly new member... image
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a Hawaiian Commemorative for around $2500.

Great buy . .and we were both happy.

Recently bought a dozen PCGS Doilys for about the same amount . .

Also a great transaction.

Drunner
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $371.

Bullion purchase.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    $17,000+ in one transaction a while ago, although the vast majority of my BST transactions are in the $100 - $500 range.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, flip it around and my $2000 purchase increases to having sold ~$8000 at one time.
    I just try to be ultra cautious on my purchases. They aren't all stunners (most I have spent for any 1 purchase/coin has been around $3000 (multiple times)) but I like them.
    I have been lucky to buy some items that really increased and have sold to board members here....new and old, but I certainly agree with posters who have said the amount isn't as noteworthy as the other end of the deal. I've been blessed to buy/sell in transactions with some of our top members (in helpfulness and knowledge and trustworthiness).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    But whats the quickets you've sold something justa after posting it? I sold a huge Lot of State Quarters in about 4 minutes...nothing was premeditated either LOL
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think $250 or so on some Frankies.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I sold several gold deals in the 1250 range but the biggest was I sold a great PL 20$ for just under $1700. Kind of miss that coin but I bought a TD$ with it so.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    I sold a coin for just over $7K once...I think the most I ever bought a coin for was just over $1K. All good transactions
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    Bought $10k
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji