Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1960 cello pack bust.

I love the opening of this packs. LOL. Thought id share.
pack bust.

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone around me was way too excited.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    That's the first time i'ver seen a vintage pack bust on video, wonderful.
    I know the dog was very excited for you...

Thanks for sharing.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    They looked REAL CLEAN and CRISP! A couple had AWESOME centering. Thanks for sharing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second card in the cello was Ollie Matson, and the third card in the cello was Joe Schmidt, but after 4 or 5 cards you said no HOFers yet. image

Quite the vintage football expert, arent you? image
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    You people who rip cards prior to 1973 have cojones. I can't make myself do it.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing.

P.S. As is case for late 50's and early 60's cello packs, the seal was the over the top/bottom instead of side to side.

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Those cards looked good, please scan!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the dog... Thanks for the rip!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Nice rip. The dog seems to have the pack opening thing licked...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for sharing - I enjoyed viewing - did not have the sound on - my wife said it was too loud - I'm on a laptop in front of the TV.

I don't collect FB - was that the year that ya need red cellophane to see what's inside the white block on the back?

Boy Conerly looked old in that card! I remember that Y.A. Tittle replaced him for the Giants.
    Mike
  • Options
    LOL
    Glad yall enjoyed it.
  • Options
    "Nice rip. The dog seems to have the pack opening thing licked... ""

LOL That made me crack up the most and made me post this. A few beers and only hoping for a unitas. Well worth it. Cant wait to open another.
  • Options
    Thanks for the break. It's a strange feeling when breaking those old packs. What do you have in mind for an encore?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That was a very cool rip!! Do you think you have a 9 in there somewhere? Not a bad rip for $303!! You're giving me the urge to do a suicide rip like that... image

Thanks for sharing it!
  • Options
    hmm, at the national i plan on busting at least a 1972 BB wax pack, \But
    Im looking for FB mainly a 1967 Philly Cello. I really want a Sayers in a 9. I owned ther 1st PSA 9 ever graded and traded it to Goodwin and co for a 1964 #50 Ed Mathews PSA 9 pop 3 or 4 at the time and I would really like to have that card back(this was in 2001). Never see a sayers in high grade from that year.
    So If i can bring back one of those thats what you will se me bust and I will share it.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That was a very cool rip!! Do you think you have a 9 in there somewhere? Not a bad rip for $303!! You're giving me the urge to do a suicide rip like that... image

Thanks for sharing it! >>

For $300 a 1960 cello pack PSA 9?

Dammit - me to on the suicide rip...this thread might cost me money.

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Always good to see someone bust another old pack. The value of mine just went up again. Thanks.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Always good to see someone bust another old pack. The value of mine just went up again. Thanks. >>

I didn't think resealed packs had any value :-p

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    No way I could have ripped an old pack like this in PSA 9. If it were a PSA 8 maybe, and definately PSA 7 or lower. Several HOF'ers. Nice rip. OK now where can I find something like that in PSA 8 or lower...........
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Four Hall of Famers Ollie Matson,Joe Schmidt,Bobby Layne and I think Charlie Connerly.GREAT PACK

Woops not Charlie Connerly
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't collect FB - was that the year that ya need red cellophane to see what's inside the white block on the back? >>

I don't think anyone answered Mike's question. I think that was 1963 Topps, Mike. I had a piece of that cellophane, and I'd post a scan, but I put it someplace where I wouldn't lose it.

Thanks for posting the video--it was fun to watch.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No way I could have ripped an old pack like this in PSA 9. If it were a PSA 8 maybe, and definately PSA 7 or lower. Several HOF'ers. Nice rip. OK now where can I find something like that in PSA 8 or lower........... >>

I agree, if I'm buying a graded pack for ripping purposes, it'll be 8 or lower.

Still, a really cool video. I wish more folks would record their vintage rips! image