Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Do yourself a favor and go pickup a copy of Sports Illustrated and read the article on Stan Musi

Forgive me for getting on my soapbox, but when it comes to Stan Musial, I am very passionate about what this man not only represented while playing the game of baseball, but what he means as a human being. As great as Stan Musial was on the field (which frankly he rarely gets his due in that regard), he is an even greater person off. If you have ever wanted to know about who Stan Musial is and what he was all about, and don't care to go out and read one of the autobiographies written about, the article in the current Sports Illustrated is very well done, and gives you a peak of who this great baseball player and man is. After reading this article you will know why I love collecting Stan "The Man" Musial. Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Thought you might like to see this, Matt. Stan and Joe Garagiola were part owners of the Major Indoor Soccer League's St.Louis Steamers in 1980 (when the MISL was becoming a huge attraction!).

By the way, Stan Musial cards were some of the first "good" cards I had when I first started collecting in 1986-87. Still have them!

• Options
    Best article from SI this year.