Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sports Illustrated Dice Game Fans?

Not sure if this is the correct forum but are any of you familiar with the old version of this game - the one with the All-Time All Stars and the one based on the 1971 season?

My dad taught me how to play it at a young age (he's currently playing the 1971 NL Season and has been for a few years) and I sometimes set up seasons but never seem to finish.

Anyone else familiar with this?

I think it's more fun than playing any video game.

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I never played the dice game, but I played Sports Illustrated basketball (Avalon Hill) like a fiend as a teen. Heck, I even now will bust out the game once every so often a play a game. A great solitaire game.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played SI, but still play APBA.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I was once a Strat-O-Matic junkie. I played the '68-'70 baseball seasons with factory game cards. I then created cards for the 1971 season by following the how-to instructions and played that season, too. During the 1980's, I would get together with a buddy and we'd play all-star games or mock postseasons using cards from '85-'88. It's all a distant memory now, but those days sure were a lot of fun. Much more fun than any baseball video game I've played.

I can't recall ever playing the SI game. I used to play the football game, "Paydirt," which I think was an SI product (but I'm not sure).
    Brett
  • Options
    Yeah, Paydirt was SI.

It's crazy how much more fun (and accurate) games are using paper and dice.

I'm only 30 years old but have felt that way since I first played the SI game at age 12 or 13.