Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

T206 Complete Set 518/522 FOR SALE

Is anyone interested in a T206 set missing the big 4 or 5 not sure what's counted as part of the set (The Magee card I don't think is counted). I'd do a quick flip in Trade for a few cards I could resell. When viewing the set keep in mind I have upgraded the Cobb Green Portrait to a PSA 1 no missing corner now. AND I upgraded the Mathewson black cap to a 3 or 4 standard. Here is the auction link, the offers end tomorrow, I'm willing to wheel and deal, please advise. Auction on Ebay is #360285339215 or use the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360285339215&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Also We could work a trade on the three Vintage signatures I posted, Ruth and Gerhig post card and Ruth Cut endorsement, check out other post for pictures

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to auction

Good luck with the sale...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I would complain that this should be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but this was just really cool to look at! Wow... good luck with the sale!
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

+ 24,000image
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Normally I would complain that this should be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but this was just really cool to look at! Wow... good luck with the sale! >>

Same here, I was gonna rip on him last night but ended up just scrolling through the auction pics. image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Life is too short to complain.

Good luck with the sale/trade.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Sorry everyone, I didn't reaize I started a new thread after I was asking about opinions. I'll keep in mind in the future, thanks for not ripping on me LOL, I have a really good price in mind or trade so if ever wanted one let me know
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the set!

You do have at least one killer front/back combo in there.....the Matty Carolina Brights image

Steve
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    nice looking set

good luck
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• I bought that CB Mathewson so long ago I forgot what I paid. I've had about 15 people wanting it. Does anyone know a fair price on a Good type card with the rare CB Back? Offer have just been out there, it has made me wonder what I have. Is this a 1k type card or 2k or 3k+ ?? Any help would be appreciated
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Wow, what a great looking set, Good Luck with it. BTW, How long did it take you to build it?
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Awesome set!

Do you have this listed over at the Net 54 board? There are a ton of T206 collectors there with deep pockets.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome set!

Do you have this listed over at the Net 54 board? There are a ton of T206 collectors there with deep pockets. >>

I haven't been over there in a while, but if it's not being talked about, I'd be very surprised.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think you'd get somewhere between $1K and $2K for the CB Mathewson, perhaps more if the right two people are bidding on it.

It might in fact, be worth your while to get another Matty black hat to put in the set, and sell the CB separately.

Steve
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry everyone, I didn't reaize I started a new thread after I was asking about opinions. I'll keep in mind in the future, thanks for not ripping on me LOL, I have a really good price in mind or trade so if ever wanted one let me know >>

So, in the event of a return, are you charging a 20% or 25% restocking fee? Not 100% clear from the listing.

• No, restocking fee is on graded merchandise, or if members do not cancel transaction so fees can be recouped. I rarely envoke that, as a matter of fact ever since eBay made it a Buyers are the boss policy I've not even mentioned it. Maybe I should just remove it
  • I've not been on the net54 board, at least i Dont think I have. I've now had the set posted twice and only one offer offline. I'm suprised not even a single person has offered fair trade or questions
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm suprised not even a single person has offered fair trade or questions >>

Well, the $25K sticker price DOES severely cut down on the number of potential buyers...
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm suprised not even a single person has offered fair trade or questions >>

Well, the $25K sticker price DOES severely cut down on the number of potential buyers...[/q

True, but in all fairness $25,000 is more then reasonable and all of the hand-built t206 sets I have seen never involve Hall of Famers with rare backs

Good luck
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • The Sticker price is down to $21k and I am more than willing to negotiate that by a few bucks. I've since upgraded the green portrait which I need to show I guess. I better get that posted to help

Here is the link, this thread may have the old link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360286320060&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Auction #360286320060
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I've not been on the net54 board, at least i Dont think I have. I've now had the set posted twice and only one offer offline. I'm suprised not even a single person has offered fair trade or questions >>

I think if you told us what your lowest acceptable offer was, you may have a better chance of selling it. JMO.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Well, if that's the case, my lowest I would go is $18,500. OR get me 10k cash and 10k worth of trade.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This set belongs in a Goodwin or similar type auction.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Question - why, if you are shipping USPS, is Hawaii extra and only to the contiguous 48? This one always bothers me about some actions. Since it's all the same country and USPS rates are the same...

Signed - a collector in Alaska.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, if that's the case, my lowest I would go is $18,500. OR get me 10k cash and 10k worth of trade. >>

HOPEFULLY this will help you sell/trade the set. For someone who may be interested, $18K is a BIG difference from $25K.

GOOD LUCK!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.