Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please Advise Ruth Cut/Ruth Post Card/Gehrig Post Card Fake/Real?

I've placed my question in one post. I'm really sorry for posting the other 3. I didn't realize it kept pushing post out of the way. I'm really trying to get some opinions on these three items. I do not want to purchase, then place on Ebay only to get them kicked off and get booted/suspended for listing violations. Here are the three pictures of items I'd like to buy then resell. I can me reached at sportscollector@cox.net if anyone wants to email me post.

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow...when people bring these kinds of things to the board I always expect to say "FAKE." However, all three of these pieces look solid.

I think they'd all pass PSA/DNA.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    That's really good news because I gambled and purchased them. I have been sitting here sick to my stomach. I want to list online however, I cannot afford for ebay to kick them off saying not genuine, then have them suspend me for posting items that were questionable. I do not know how to get an online quick opinion without posting an auction. Do you know? What's your expierence with these autographs if I may ask? Do you think if I posted them on eBay they'd run me out? If they are in fact the real deal I have nothing to worrry about, Even if for some reason they failed I'd be the kinda a reseller who refunds and even refunds the fees incurred. I just HATE sending things in for grading, I lose a lot of money doing this. Advise?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are going to list them on eBay, you are throwing money away without having them authenticated by PSA/DNA or Spence
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert - in fact I stink at this - but unless that's the scan, the sig looks shakey - very deliberate rather than smooth - and may be deemed fake.
    Mike
  • Options

This one looks good - but could be a "Marino" special - that's gonna be up to PSA to decide.
    Mike
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just HATE sending things in for grading, I lose a lot of money doing this. Advise? >>

In my opinion you would lose a lot more money if you don't let PSA/DNA authenticate them. Nice sigs!
  • Options

I like this one - tho ya can't take anything I say to the bank.

edit: compare to a PSA one:

Mike
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    If you can afford to buy them, then you can afford to get them authenticated.
  • Options
    Yes, this is the scan, I had to keep resizing and I stretched it more than I wanted.

Everyon thanks for your opinions, The reason I don't send out is I'm impatient, I hate having things out of my sight and I hate waiting for results. I don't need max dollar, all I'm trying to get out of them is $3k Ruth $3500 Gehrig and $1500 for the Ruth Cut. Not worried about losing cash, just worried about my ebay reputation.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, this is the scan, I had to keep resizing and I stretched it more than I wanted.

Everyon thanks for your opinions, The reason I don't send out is I'm impatient, I hate having things out of my sight and I hate waiting for results. I don't need max dollar, all I'm trying to get out of them is $3k Ruth $3500 Gehrig and $1500 for the Ruth Cut. Not worried about losing cash, just worried about my ebay reputation. >>

I can only speak for myself but if I was looking for a high dollar auto I would only be looking at something that had been authenticated. I realize that these services are not 100% correct in their assessment, but they are better prepared than me at determining authenticity.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, this is the scan, I had to keep resizing and I stretched it more than I wanted.

Everyon thanks for your opinions, The reason I don't send out is I'm impatient, I hate having things out of my sight and I hate waiting for results. I don't need max dollar, all I'm trying to get out of them is $3k Ruth $3500 Gehrig and $1500 for the Ruth Cut. Not worried about losing cash, just worried about my ebay reputation. >>

I agree with the others that your items will likely pass muster PSA/DNA or JSA. However you won't get anything near those prices on eBay without PSA/DNA or JSA certs. It sucks, but it's the nature of the autograph market. In fact in the worst case you'd be lucky to get half of what you want, for the simple reason that someone else will seek to flip them as you want to do, only they'll go the extra mile and get the certs.
  • Options
    You would be suprised on what I get selling uncertified stuff. I'm a fairly well respected guy on eBay. Buyers know if anything goes wrong I take care of my customers. I even go as far as paying for lost fees associated with a unlucky break. 99% of the stuff I sell I get myself or has been in family, the others are from consignments from people I extensively review. With that said I've gotten within 75-80% PSA/DNA or JSA pricing from sales. My only reason for taking a poll again was to stay clear of PSA quickopinion coming back as a likely not and then closing auction. 2-3 dings like that and youre done for life on eBay. If item passes PSA quickopinion I post the certified number and it's just like selling a PSA product. I just have to weigh the lessor of two evils.

This is why I'm so grateful to the board, with all these thoughts and not ONE SINGLE negative remark (RARE for a board, someone always has something negative to say LOL) it will be a shock if my quick opinion comes back anything less then Likely Genuine. SOMEBODY on this board would have pointed out question marks. So fingers crossed LOL image

Any more thoughts or advise other than sending in (Which I will do if Opinion is rendered good).
  • Options
    If anyone on the board wants to purchase these three items at a fair price contact me. sportscollector@cox.net Since you all say to stay off eBay with them due to market not being as strong maybe I can get one interested party to buy for $5k. This is all 3 of them. I've got all my cash tied into a T206 set in poor/good/Fair with VG's scattered. so cash is tight for me, take advantage.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    The H's on both the Ruth and the Gehrig look identical.

I was checking these out during my 2 hour wait at the DMV yesterday.

Thanks for combining the posts.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If anyone on the board wants to purchase these three items at a fair price contact me. sportscollector@cox.net Since you all say to stay off eBay with them due to market not being as strong maybe I can get one interested party to buy for $5k. This is all 3 of them. I've got all my cash tied into a T206 set in poor/good/Fair with VG's scattered. so cash is tight for me, take advantage. >>

I was just waiting for this offer to come up

Whats your eBay ID?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Not worried about losing cash, just worried about my ebay reputation. >>

Great business model! image
  • Options
    Why - all of sudden - do I feel like I'm being sold something?
    Mike
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The reason I don't send out is I'm impatient, . >>

Wow thats a heck of a thing to be impatient about!!!!
  • Options
    My Ebay ID is grandstand-Treasures I do no have them posted as I wanted to get boards opinion. Also I have tons of fees coming at me, I can work this out for anyone interested anyway they want