Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Store Seller Help: Could somebody explain this ?

Morning,
I just put my E-Bay Store into vacation mode. I don't want to deal with shipping at the last minute before I leave for the National. So anyway, I did this at the beginning of June when I went to Vegas and while my Store was unavailable to viewers because it was in vacation mode I had two different people make purchases. How can that happen, fortunitly the delay in shipping didn't hurt me that time, but I can't have somebody wait for two weeks (Time I'll be gone) to have something ship or it will bite me in the arse.

Thanks
Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Seems like when you buy something from a seller who is on vacation it tells them right away there will be a shipping delay. Your store never closes even when on vacation.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I had this happen myself despite selecting the option for making all fixed price listings unavailable. I can only assume the buyers had the items on their watch list. That is why I also select the other two options to add a blurb to all my listings that I am away and unable to ship until my return. Additionally, I make it a practice to check e-mail at least once a day even when traveling and call this out to buyers just to make certain they are aware.

Snorto~