Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA grade 2002 Sport Kings ?

I'm not a member, so I cant see the pop report & I've never seen any graded 2002 Sport Kings on Ebay. Is it something they dont grade or I just missed them when they were available ? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see them anywhere in the pop report... are they officially licensed on the back?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at them closer, they don't appear to be officially licensed, so PSA would probably not grade them.
  • Options
    I know that logos were removed from jerseys, but I dont know too much about this release. I know of the old release & there are ones after the 2002 issue. If anybody knows more, I would be thankful.
  • Options
    In case anyone cares to know more about these cards, I've found out more info. They were made a by a company in Michigan called "Sports Entities" & they had this on their site about these 15 promo cards ..........

"The Sport Kings prototypes created by Sport•Entities, Inc. were never intended for resale purposes. They were produced for the sole purpose of professionally presenting a concept to decision makers in the industry. Most of these cards showing up on ebay and at local card shows are reprints and unauthorized over prints incorrectly trimmed. There were very few produced, and the majority of those came in some form of a company proposal packet. If you have questions about them, feel free to sent a note at the "contact us" button on this web site. But please don't inquire about purchasing or acquiring them in any way. They are not available! Sorry!"

here is a linky .... www.sportentities.com/id30.html
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>In case anyone cares to know more about these cards, I've found out more info. They were made a by a company in Michigan called "Sports Entities" & they had this on their site about these 15 promo cards ..........

"The Sport Kings prototypes created by Sport•Entities, Inc. were never intended for resale purposes. They were produced for the sole purpose of professionally presenting a concept to decision makers in the industry. Most of these cards showing up on ebay and at local card shows are reprints and unauthorized over prints incorrectly trimmed. There were very few produced, and the majority of those came in some form of a company proposal packet. If you have questions about them, feel free to sent a note at the "contact us" button on this web site. But please don't inquire about purchasing or acquiring them in any way. They are not available! Sorry!"

here is a linky .... www.sportentities.com/id30.html >>

I don't imagine they are listed in any guide so likely not.

I am sure PCs are interested in them, but lower print run Sport Kings cards do not seem to sell that much better then the normal cards, which also have low print run....just not as low.

Or at least that has been in the case in the Steve Young cards from the set. For example, there is a Gold Auto on eBay right now and for the last 8-10 months (golds are /10), that is $59.99/OBO.

In the time it has been on there I have sold two silvers for $50 each.

There are a lot of 1/1 show versions on eBay. All at pretty much half what a like Contender card would be. All of them just setting there the last year. (Not a single Young one has sold.) They are show versions...not really 1/1's to some, maybe most, but I have seen several other like 1/1 or low print versions as well. I think they made too many versions of the cards, and people are not familiar with them, and just don't bid on them. Or at least, that is my theory this week. (Smile now).

Also, I have two Gold jersey cards (/10) that I paid around $10-15 each.

So, unless I am shown otherwise, I don't think it is Steve Young, but the cards.

I really like them and should try to do a mini set.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Edit to add: The card that use to go for the most was Tiger Woods....maybe its a good time to pick one up.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Check it out on the same website, http://www.sportentities.com/id31.html

They will make custom cabinet like cards to order. Would love to have a Steve Young but I don't imagine they would want under $100.

Perhaps I should e-mail and ask about maybe getting the original Young art. I really like that card.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.