Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Purchased 50 Years Ago

The last of the cards from amongst my stuff I have pictures of for a while. It has been fun rediscovering my youth.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Ron, I might have missed it earlier, but how old were you when you purchasing these cards? Its been funning watching you churn through these old 61's from your youth.
  • Options

<< <i>Ron, I might have missed it earlier, but how old were you when you purchasing these cards? Its been funning watching you churn through these old 61's from your youth. >>

I was born in Nov. '48 so in the summer of '61i would have been 12 years old.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool to go back!

I don't have any cards from when I was around 8 to10.

Unless a card was a star, I wouldn't remember much about my rips back then - I did like the gum!!!!

Thanx for sharing Ron.
    Mike
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    These are awesome. Unfortunately for me, when I look back at the first cards I bought, I'll be face-to-face with a heap of worthless '86 and '87 Topps. image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't beat childhood card memories such as that - I don't care how much money ya spend on other cards.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and it's "amazing" isn't it how those darn things get the corners dinged even when stored in a shoebox or other seemingly good storage method where ya think they should remain sorta pristine?