Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July Subs (All 4 Subs have arrived!) (More Scans added...)

Since I'll miss the national this year, I had my fun at the Rosemont show in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Most of the following were obtained at that show but a few are from Ebay.

These will finish up several of my Browns Team sets!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    WOAH! I nearly spit out my beer when I saw that Bradshaw among those Browns! Nice cards though... REALLY nice Bradshaw too!

Oddly enough, I'm a Browns AND a Ravens fan. image
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    That was the last card I needed for my raw 1971 set, I got a really nice deal on it (assuming it grades a 7 or higher!).
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That's GOTTA be an 8... good luck!
  • Options
    This sub actually popped before the National (the largest of the 4, go figure!), got them today. Overall I pleased with these, there were only a couple of surprises.

First up, 1957 Topps: 2 Upgrades and the final card to complete the team set.

Replacing a PSA 5

Replacing a PSA 5

Set Complete!

Next up, 1958 Topps: This card completed the team set but was a grade lower then I hoped, will be placed on the upgrade list.

Next up, 1959 Topps: 2 Upgrades and the final 2 cards to complete the team set. (2 remain on the upgrade list)

Replacing a PSA 5

Replacing a PSA 5, not sure what's wrong with this card, it's the nicest of the four 59s. (the little black line by above and to the left his knee is not a wrinkle)

One I needed...

Last one to complete the set, although was hoping for a 6 to keep it off the upgrade list.

Next up, 1961 Topps: This set was already complete but this is replacing a PSA 5, would have preferred a PSA 7. The centering is bordering on that 70/30 for an PSA 8, all depends on if you measure from the black line or the out of register green! Nice card though.

Next up, 1961 Fleer: This was 1 of 2 remaining for this team set.

Next up, 1964 Philadelphia: This set was already complete but this made for a nice upgrade.

Next up, 1967 Philadelphia: 1 Upgrade and the final card to complete the team set.

Replacing a PSA 7

Set Complete! Although I don't think this deserved an 8, it's a 7 at best!

Lastly to finish up the Browns in this sub we have a 1975 Topps, 1 of many I still need.

• Options
    The rest of the sub was filled out with 1972 Topps Football including three nice hi numbers.

• Options
    Sub 2 of 4 has arrived! These were submitted under my 6 "free" membership voucher.

Mixed bag of emotions with this sub...

First up three decent early Bowmans that I've been looking for, happy with their grades.

Next is another nice 7 of this tough Jimmy Brown... I say another because this makes for number 3!

Next is a nice Otto that I paid way TOO MUCH for! Thought it had a shot at a 7 when I bought it, after taking a closer look at it under better light back at home, several flaws revealed themselves image. Lesson learned...

Lastly, a big punch in gut on this one. Thought this card was a solid 7 with a good shot at an 8! Will be re-subbed at some point.

Subs 3 & 4 have popped and are on their way here, more to come...
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    How that Bradshaw is only a 6 is beyond me. Thats a georgous looking card.
  • Options
    Ya' know, I'm digging these '64 Philadelphia FB cards w/ the classic cars in the background!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    My neck hurts now.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>Ya' know, I'm digging these '64 Philadelphia FB cards w/ the classic cars in the background! >>

From what I know, that's Jim Brown's pink cadillac.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay...let me get this straight. The grader gave the 67 Philadelphia an 8 on both and a razor sharp well centered card like the Bradshaw a 6. I'm seriously shaking my head right now.
  • Options
    Sub number 3 was a 1956 and earlier submission, it sure sucks having to split 51 items into 4 subs and pay $80+ to get them shipped back to you! image

Some nice upgrades here and one major surprise!

The last card I need to complete by '55 Browns set.

A nice upgrade, replacing a 6.

WOW, a very nice upgrade, was not expecting an 8 on this but I'll gladly accept it! Will be replacing a 3.

Will be replacing a 4.

Decent card I got for free, won't replace my 7 but worth grading none the less.
  • Options
    The final sub was a first for me, an almost complete set of Salada Coins of the Browns (minus the Jimmy).

I'm all subbed-out for awhile...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Looking at some of the eyes on those guys on those coins ... could this really be AN EXORCIST set?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Nice cards/coins.

I always loved the crazy eyes on Bob Gain on that coin.

Your Bradshaw RC looks under graded unless there's a subtle
    surface wrinkle that we can't see in the scan. It really looks nicer
    than most every 8 I've ever seen of that card.

Nice '52 Lavelli too. Congrats on your results. Pretty quick turnaround too by PSA considering the National usually holds up
    the grading process a few days.