Home Sports Talk
Options

Ichiro Suzuki...Benefit of the doubt-NO MORE

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭
I'm just very frustrated with the Mariners right now. I think they are going to be cellar dwellers for a number of years. Ichiro====Past 29 games...1 double, past 68 games...1 triple, past 64 games...2 HR, past 28 games...6 walks, past 15 games...2 multi hit games, the past 20 games...1 stolen base attempt.

Am I missing something here? I hear he is not flexible at all with changes in the lineup either.

Watch, he'll probably get 14 hits in the next 3 games.

Mickey71image

Comments

• Options
    Ichiro is getting older...only so many times you can leg out a bunt/slap/chop dribbler down the line.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    There's also something to be said for overall team chemistry. If you're damn near the best player on the team and everyone else is playing mediocre, you can only step up your game for so long before you start to fade too.

Plus, let's face it, pitchers aren't tense pitching to him when there's nobody already on base and they know no one else is going to hit him in.

... or he's just doing his darn hot/cold routine. He won't eclipse 200 hits if he keeps up his July pace. So, he'll probably realize that in a week or two and suddenly start hitting all the garbage for bloop singles again.

Hard to predict, that one.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase