Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's not that big a deal, but...

I could really live without getting an eBay "Watched Item" reminder for two cards that got bought out from under me earlier today. I'm mad enough about it as it stands. I don't need a refresher.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set higher snipes.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    For every auction I ever see, I have a set price in mind that I will pay. If I want it, I enter that price. If I'm high bidder, ok, if I'm not then oh well! I don't understand the whole "bidding war" deal.
  • Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    You're at war, you just fire once and with your biggest bullet that's all. Many ways to play the game.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options

<< <i>I could really live without getting an eBay "Watched Item" reminder for two cards that got bought out from under me earlier today. I'm mad enough about it as it stands. I don't need a refresher. >>

You have to love the timing of those messages sometimes, like after the auction has ended.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have to love the timing of those messages sometimes, like after the auction has ended. >>

That's the key point. I won several things, all of the stuff that I really wanted, but I got outbid on some things I put placeholder bids on, not expecting anyone to go for. No big deal, it happens. The part that gets me is that a lot of BINs from the same source I had marked also went this afternoon. It's like someone with my exact collecting taste got a giant settlement check yesterday.

All of that I can more or less live with but getting a watched item reminder, that shows two of the BIN cards as still available, (giving me momentary hope that I had misread the entries on my Watched Items page)...that's just sort of cruel.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing nice about ebay - for every item you lose or pass on...

another will come along (for the most part).
    Mike
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    All true. Some of the cards I won today are ones I had come up short on, or only rarely seen, before.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All true. Some of the cards I won today are ones I had come up short on, or only rarely seen, before. >>

Same thing happened to me today also on 59 Topps it was my lucky day I think!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)