Home Sports Talk
Options

Jim Gentile wins 1961 AL RBI Crown today

Much like the Hack Wilson correction of a few years ago, apparently Mantle and Maris got credited with one RBI/run that should not have been counted, so now Maris is in a tie with Jim Gentile for the RBI crown. Since Mantle loses a run scored, Maris is now the sole leader of the runs scored crown of 1961. hey - it only took 49 years to get it right. Maybe?

Read about it here
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Very interesting.

Now if they can only fix the steroid-soaked stats of the last 15 years, we're all set.
    Capecards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What should I do with my AL Leaders baseball cards?

Will Topps reprint new cards with the correct stats, and perhaps take back the old cards for an exchange?
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Great job with Jim Gentile. From everything I've ever read about him he really seemed like a down-to-earth good guy. I get the sense that you may have felt the same way. The Orioles should have a Diamond Jim day or something to bring some overdue glory to him and have a nice moment in an otherwise glum season.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.