Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jack Tatum has passed at 61 years old.

Comments

• Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good day,

Sad for him that he will forever be associated for one particular hit. To me he was, along with Matuzak, Hendricks, and some of the others from that era what the Raiders were about. Rough, Tough, Mean, as Dirty of Football as could be played, just on the border of being thrown out of the game.
    But as a 5-6 year old to 15-16 year old Teenager hanging in the Box behind the Raider bench, they were the nicest people you would ever meet for a kid. They treated me and all the other kids like Gold. And that included the Black players as well, because they were Our Team, Black or White, way ahead of our time in the mid 60's through the early 70's. I will have memory's of them all, from The Snake, Blelitnekoff, Lester the Molester, Branch, Casper, and on and on and on.

That was when Football was Football !!!!! An Era that will never be matched !!!!

Raiders Forever....Now please just go away Al Davis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Great player who should be remembered for more than just one hit.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Great player who should be remembered for more than just one hit. >>

he is. i won't forget the hit on Fuqua, which essentially was the birth of the Steelers on the national stage, and one of Silver & Black's darkest moments.
  • Options
    maxdomemaxdome Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    RIP Jack Tatum. He was one of my favorite players in the 70's. One of my memories of him was when he hit Earl Campbell at about the 2 yard line and if I recall correctly both players were knocked out of the game. Campbell some how feel forward and still scored the touch down. The hit was amazing because and that time it usually took more than two players to take down Campbell.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    RIP Mr. Tatum.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    A Buckeye Great! RIP Mr. Tatum
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

A sad day in Raider nation,RIP Mr.Tatum.You will always go down as
    one of the hardest hitters of all time in my eye's.

Neil,
    That must have been one crazy scene back then,those were the days!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>Neil,
    That must have been one crazy scene back then,those were the days! >>

It Was....It Was.....................................!!!!!! I've mentioned here before, but I am pretty sure, every home game for at least 10 years, closer to 11-12. And we didn't just do the games, we (My Dad and us Three boys), were there all weekend when they were in town!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the all time great Buckeyes. RIP
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    RIP.........
  • Options
    I was fortunate enough to meet Jack on two separate occasions. Got a nice picture of him with my son when he was about 6 years old ( about 7 years ago ) the 1st time I met him, and got that photo ( 8 x 10 ) autographed the 2nd time I met him. Both times he was very humble and gracious. A true Ohio State Buckeye LEGEND. RIP Mr. Tatum, and may GOD BLESS you.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    RIP Jack
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    RIP Jack.IMO should be recognized with one of the powerfull hard hitting defensive players of all time Dick "Night Train" Lane along with Chuck Bednarik they played the game hard.Serious injuries are unfortunatley a part of football and each players knows that comong in.There are players that are constantly known for cheap shots those fellows belong somewhere else maybe bull fighting.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)