Home Sports Talk

RIP Jack Tatum

SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
No one was more fierce (or perhaps dirtier), than The Assassin, Jack Tatum. I may be a life-long Charger fan and devout Raider Hater, but I do long for the days when the rivalry between these two teams was going strong.

ESPN

Steve

Comments

• alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Wow, former OSU grad wasn't that old.....he was one of the most, if not the most ferocious hitter I ever saw play......
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    WOW

too many of these type posts lately

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    RIP former Buckeye...

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
  • maxdomemaxdome Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    RIP Jack. Tatum was one of my favorite players, when I was a kid growing up in the east bay.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    A great player, died at age 61. Diabetes complications shortened his life.

Of course as a Pats fan, I will always have mixed feelings when I see his name.
    Capecards
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    RIP Tatum.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sad day. We lost one of the great ones.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP. However, Darryl Stingley was one of my favorite players when I was a kid, so I pretty much hated Jack Tatum ever since that fateful pre-season game, but I never wished him an early death.
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a related note, Jack Tatum's death reminds me of one of the worst draft years for the New York Giants - 1971. That was the year of the infamous First Round pick of Rocky Thompson. (Right before the Raiders took LB Phil Vilipiano).

Then, in the second round, the Giants were again drafting just ahead of the Raiders. The Giants took a Guard from Abilene Christian by the name of Wayne Walton who lasted all of one season. Then, with the next pick, the Raiders took Jack Tatum....

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• maxdomemaxdome Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    Jack Tatum was picked in the first round and Villapiano in the 2nd round. Two great picks for the Raiders although with the next pick in the draft right after Tatum the Rams selected future Hall of Famer Jack Youngblood.