Options
1954 DDO Proof Roosevelt...2 questions
ponderit
Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
1. Is this variety worth the cost of grading. I put it at a 65 and the price guide has it at $220. In the "real world" is this realistic if it's does indeed grade at 65?
2. If I do send it in using the coin's #5243, the order form auto populates the coin as 1954 DDO FS-101. Will there still be an additional charge for attribution? I'm not being given an option for attribution on the online submission form.
Thanks, Bill
2. If I do send it in using the coin's #5243, the order form auto populates the coin as 1954 DDO FS-101. Will there still be an additional charge for attribution? I'm not being given an option for attribution on the online submission form.
Thanks, Bill
Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
0
Comments
...is it possible to post a pic?
Are you curious as to it really being the DDO or condition?
<< <i>Even with my D90, my coin pics leave a lot to the imagination....
Are you curious as to it really being the DDO or condition? >>
...not to doubt your ability to recognize a DDO over a machine/shelf doubled coin i was just curious to see it.
It is definitly the DDO as per the CPG and I had a former grader for ANACS, now dealer, take a look a couple of years ago to confirm.
I'll post a pic if I can get a decent one a little later. Thanks much
...
...and just to show you the camera doesn't go to total waste
...i'm seeing red X's
The CPG itself lists the normal proof at $26 in PR65 and the variety at $35. Not really worth the grading/attribution fees IMHO as you have to pay extra for the attribution. A price of $220 for a PF 65 is pretty spendy when you can still find them in sets.
“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson
My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!
...your pics were fine, thanks.