Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

question about Topps Presentation Sets

I have several high grade key 1962 Topps Baseball HOF cards I bought well over 10 years ago at auction. They are labeled as "Topps Presentation Set" on the SGC holder. Would there be any premium on these? I didn't pay any at the time ( I think). Just curious......................I actually would be interested in picking up more but I never see them. TIA, MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I doubt anyone would pay a premium. I broke several presentation sets and the one issue is that they tend to run a bit small. Almost all were MINSZ or EOT when submitted. Had a long discussion with Steve Rocchi and Mike Baker back in the day and showed him the presentation boxes (1962 and 1963 sets). After a long discussion, they eventually slabbed them, but crushed me on the grades. Mostly 8's (only a few 9's) on them even though they were smoking!!!

I know SGC was a little more understanding of the size variance as long as the cut characteristics were present...
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Scott. That's what a hoped you would say. I'd like to find more 62's................Thanks, MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    No premium but I'll buy em. Call me.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I remember some talk on the 1963 Topps thread about presentation sets yielding some beautiful high-grade cards. The gloss is a little different on those, right?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25