Home Sports Talk

$25.00 for parking

I was checking out the Notre Dame football game at the New Meadowlands in New Jersey this year. It seems that $250$30 is the norm there for parking. What do you guys pay for parking at games in your town ? I haven't been to the Meadowlands in years, but
I remember I used to pay either five or ten bucks for parking.

Comments

• 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I think Yankee Stadium is $20.00 for parking.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Dodger Stadium is like $12 now. When I went back to Fenway last year there were $40 lots. I just parked over by Emerson (were I went to college) for $8 and took the T. Ride from Boylston to Kenmore is only 7-10 minutes. Works out perfectly. Not sure why anyone except a family of four or more with young kids would pay $40.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    $10 at Arco Arena for the Kings. I think the last time I went to a Niner's game, 8 years ago, it was $20.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    There are obviously some cheaper/more expensive options, but these are the average:

Bucs $25
    Rays $15
    USF Football $10
    Lightning $5
    Magic- Whatever the person whose yard youre parking in is charging. The main lots at the old arena were tiny and pretty much impossible to get a spot in.
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Comerica: $8-15..... either you pay it, or take yr chances with the surrounding projects and all the delightful people that populate them...
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I just paid $20 for parking close to AT&T Park in SF.
  • Staples Center $20 for Kings Hockey
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Citi Field Parking Rates

Pre-season / Regular Season
    Cars: $19.00
    Buses/Oversized: $40.00

Post-season
    Cars: $25.00
    Buses/Oversized: $60.00

Special Events
    Cars: $30.00
    Buses/Oversized: $80.00

U.S. Open
    Cars: $19.00
    Buses/Oversized: $40.00

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Browns Stadium was $20 last year but I've heard it's gone to $25. Even the Muny Lot which is located on the lakefront near the stadium charges $25 on game days, it's normally $3....I know this since I used to work downtown Cleveland before I retired and used to park there.....
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Lots around Fenway range from $20-$40 depending on location....TD Garden lots are $25....I don't go to many Patriots games, but I think the range is $30-$80 depending on proximity to the stadium.
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    At the adjacent BART station, the parking is free, and is a short walk to the Oakland Coliseum (now known as Network Associates Coliseum).
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Fenway is usually $30-$40 close to the Park
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Comerica: $8-15..... either you pay it, or take yr chances with the surrounding projects and all the delightful people that populate them...

Reminds me of a time years ago ('85 or so) when I was in high school and we went out to the Coliseum to see USC v. UCLA. Parked in the parking lot of a housing project for five bucks or whatever it was back then. When we got back there was some derilict telling us we had to pay the security fee to leave. My cousin was a faster thinker and tougher than I, "said f' it... let's go" we jumped into his VW van and drove off. I wonder how many others did pay the security fee to leave that day and so many other days over the years!?
  • It boggles the mind that someone would actually drive to Fenway and pay $30 or $40 with all the cheap public transportation in Boston.