Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

rolling giveaway?

Whatever happened to our giveaway where each person swapped his coins and sent the box on? Lost track of it. There were a lot of nice coins in there that never got passed. What happened?? Also, what ever happened to the Lord M trip?? I have been gone from the forum for a couple of weeks because my two and a half year old granddaughter passed away but I don't see anything on the forum refering to either one of these subjects.
Olmanjon
Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
http://bit.ly/bxi7py

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The LordM trip might have gone inactive since LordM himself went inactive. Must confess I have done nothing about booking a tour or getting a passport or anything like that. Perhaps laurentyvan despaired of my ever returning when I went Yeti for more than two months.

I'm still here, though, and still think about the trip, but I might have let things slip to the point where it will need to be postponed until next season. We'll see.

As to the "rolling giveaway", I dunno- is that some kind of coin tag thing... as in the "swaps and tags" forum?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my two and a half year old granddaughter passed away >>

Whoa. I just read that part. I'm afraid I'm speechless, there. My condolences, as lame as it sounds. Was it illness, or an accident? Just a toddler! I can't imagine how you must feel.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Olmanjon - that is absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    OchoRealesOchoReales Posts: 1,500
    John, my deepest condolensces to you and your family. Having a son, who just turned 5 last week, I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. I will be praying for God to comfort you and yours through this difficult time. image
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    John - my condolences to you and your family for the loss, I will include you and yours in my prayers! I have 3 grandchildren around that age and I cannot imagine what you have been thru!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful concerns and prayers. My granddaughter-Monica was born with hyper pulmonary tension. The blood vessels in her lungs were thick walled and not elastic. Causes the heart to work harder and thus becomes enlarged. It was found out before she had left the hospital after being born. She wore a little back pack with a pump in it which sent drugs through a tube, through her back directly into her heart. Life expectancy is generally in the teen years. She had caught a virus and was doing well. Then another one and in the hospital for a week, when all of a sudden she had a pulmonary criesis and they couldn't revive her. Needless to say very unexpected. It happened the fourth of July weekend. My daughters birthday was July 5. Not a good time. Even with all of her problems she was a very cheerful little girl with the widest grin you ever saw. Thanks again for all your thoughts.
    Olmanjon
    P.S. For some good thoughts-my latest cat scan says my cancer is stable.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py