Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1999P SBA$ MS68 POP #2

This coin was offered here for sale, then moved to Ebay. The first one to make MS68 sold on Ebay for $5,700. This auction ended this morning without reaching the reserve at $3,350. Personally I thought $5,700 was too high given the likelihood of more making the MS68 grade. Now, just a few months later, a second one has been graded and my guess is that there are more to come. The population of the MS67's has gone from190 last July to 225 now. I'm wondering what the rest of the forum thinks.

David
(PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Personally I thought $5,700 was too high given the likelihood of more making the MS68 grade. Now, just a few months later, a second one has been graded and my guess is that there are more to come"

David: Weren't you the underbidder on the first coin? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you bid well over $5,000 for the first coin?? I am just confused about the "way too high" comment? image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I thought I remember the first one selling for $6200? Based on that I figured the second one should have been fair at half that price. From what I heard the reserve was $6000 for the second 99-P. I am still trying foir one myself and a lot of those MS67 in the pop. report are mine, maybe about half of them. I have a box with a about a dozen MS67 99-P sitting right here.(cheaper by the dozen!) I don't think there will be very many more of these MS68 P's in the future, only time will tell. The prices for these will remain high in the meantime. IMHOimage

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimageimage
  • Options
    Wondercoin: Yes I was one of the underbidders on the first coin but as we talked about immediatly after the first auction I was not at all upset about not getting the coin at that price. As for this second coin I was willing to go $3,000 but I still think a few more will show up.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN