Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Life Adjustments

Well, here's the not so good news. My job was eliminatedthree weeks ago so I had two choices: 1) go on unemployment and look for a another job, or 2) retire since I have more than enough years in. I choose retirement and then got a contract to work 50 more days in the fall so it will work out and give me time to look for another job outside of my field (education). Here's the great news. Our first grandchild was due in about 10 days so a trip to Denver was lined up from the end of July into the second week in August. Behold...our little darling arrived today! Off to Denver on Monday and back on August 2nd. And so that means more good news... Since I will be back in Michigan on August 2nd, that gives me just enough time to drive to Baltimore (600 miles) for the National starting on the 4th. I have permission from everyone involved, wife, daugter and a nod from little Madeline. It will be a long trip going solo but four days of cardboard bliss makes it worth it! See you all in Baltimore.

Comments

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Rich, Great Stuff, See you in Baltimore! Drive Safe
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Life can have many twists and turns. Most work out well , in the end.

Good luck on being the best Pop-pop, grampa, etc.

May see you at the Nationals , here in Baltimore.--- sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Rich ... CONGRATS on the birth of your little princess. May she be blessed with good health! Enjoy her as much as you can.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the birth of your grandchild and glad to see losing your job worked out in the end all the way to making it to the Nationals...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Great news.Have fun in Baltimore sure would like to go.I have enjoyed any National I went to.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Great post! I would love to make it myself, but I'm taking the fam on a cross-country 30-day tour of our great country. Currently living in LA, first stop will be San Francisco to take in a Dodgers & Giants game on August 1st and then east toward my home town of Cincinnati. Stops along the way will include Omaha, Field of Dreams, and Wrigley Field in Chicago..a guy's gotta get his baseball fix!
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!