Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4 white corners=Mint card?/Strasburg 1/1 auto

Here is the Strasburg 1/1 auto up for auction again, I never knew a card with 4 white corners could be considered mint.

Up for Auction again Strasburg Bowman Red #1/1 auto
XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.

Comments

• Options
    Def not a 9
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Beckett has obviously set a secondary level of standards for high end Strasburg rookies. Given that the two high profile cards they've slabbed are both overgraded (the Superfractor's centering is over graded and the corners are over graded on this example), I can only assume that BGS has purposely done this to increase interest and bump submissions.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    The right corners may just be a trick of angles or color juxtaposition. I'm only 100% convinced the lower left corner is crap.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    It still cracks me up that they give the autograph a numerical grade.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

i hope they eat it in the shorts.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>It still cracks me up that they give the autograph a numerical grade. >>

Would you give it a letter grade or are autographs beyond grading in your opinion?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>image >>

imageimage
  • Options
    yea thats awesome bripken !!!
    XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
    Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I still can't believe all the hype on this guy and his rc. When I had a few discussions with all the local card dealers in my area. They all say the same thing. "It's silly how people dumping 5 figures on the cards. The cards will be worthless in 5 years."
  • Options
    well (deep hole they are digging) and noone up top to throw down a lifeline.
    Now is the time for whoever owns that PSA 8 Honus Wagner to send it into BGS for a regrade would bump to a 9.5. LOL

This is where beginners and even older collectors say BULLshot and either quit the hobby or just start collecting nothing but raw material. I know I know buy the card not the plastic.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    DISGRASEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry!!!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)