Home Sports Talk
Options

So, when is the fourm conversation going to start focusing on the upcoming NFL season?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
First preseason games are 2-3 weeks away and training camp opens in about 2 weeks.

Now that all the forum buzz about LeBron James has died down, we need to start obsessing with Bret Favre and whether he will retire [not!!!!!!!!!] or play another year [duh!!!!!!!!!!].

What are the current Vegas odds on his decision?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right - I don't think there has been as much off season football talk here as in past years. Perhaps because many of the "regulars" here have their MLB teams involved in the pennant races.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You're right - I don't think there has been as much off season football talk here as in past years. Perhaps because many of the "regulars" here have their MLB teams involved in the pennant races. >>

I was thinking the same thing. My answer depends on how far the Red Sox look like they are going to go into the post season. And Favre will be back.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You're right - I don't think there has been as much off season football talk here as in past years. Perhaps because many of the "regulars" here have their MLB teams involved in the pennant races. >>

Who is your starting QB? Are they releasing Michael Vick?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of regulars here are big time baseball fans.

I grew up in Colorado in the 1950's-1970s. No MLB for me as a kid/young adult. Triple A only, with the Denver Bears. I remember going to a Bears baseball game once per year, that being on July 4. The reason for going to the game was not baseball. It was the post game fireworks show. The Bears games were played at the old Mile High Stadium. The fourth of July games always drew about 60,000 fans [this still may be a minor league attendance record], solely due to the post game fireworks.

I first saw a MLB game in the 1980's in Orange County, Cal. when I went to see an Angels game. have been to probably 25 MLB games in my life and have never become a big fan of the game.

Bring on the NFL baby.

And Pro Basketball training camps open in about 2.5 months. Go NBA. Hopefully Cleveland will own Miami this yearimage
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    We have already had our fantasy football draft. Matter of fact we draft the weekend after the Super Bowl. One dillweed in my division centered his team aroud Rapesberguler.

I have Arron Rodgers and Miles Austin so this year I am a Packers and Cowboys fan.

I really don'y care if they win, I just need stats from those two.

I am a college football fan, I get my rocks off for Alabama, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I'm a Bills fan.

I guess that sums it up.
    Capecards
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Bills fan.

I guess that sums it up.

My condolences...it could be worse, though, you could be an Eagles fan..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Browns fan but don't feel sorry for me. I have memories.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>

Who is your starting QB? Are they releasing Michael Vick? >>

Kevin Kolb

No
  • Options
    BTW: I'm predicting a Super Bowl victory for the Eagles this season.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It will start when the Phillies are officially eliminated from making the playoffs.

Sometime in late August.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>BTW: I'm predicting a Super Bowl victory for the Eagles this season. >>

No team with 6 regular season wins has ever made it to the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    If this Eagles bashing continues, I'm gonna upgrade from a prediction to a guarantee.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a Browns fan but don't feel sorry for me. I have memories. >>

I'm a Browns fan AND a Ravens fan living in Northeast Ohio! It's tough, but when I go to the Browns/Ravens game every time they're in Cleveland, I wear my Browns stuff and keep my mouth shut. image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez I can't believe that went right past SteveK's head.

He must be slipping.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez I can't believe that went right past SteveK's head.

He must be slipping.

Steve >>

Too much beer over the years, has destroyed 98% of my brain cells...but for Sports Talk all ya really need is 2%. LOL
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>but for Sports Talk all ya really need is 2%. LOL >>

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    bah. football. talk to me when there is snow on the ground.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I'm hoping to make it to my first NFL game this year... fingers crossed.

When the NFL is in the off season, life sux, ha ha.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I'll watch football when the WS is over.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong Joe Stalin was an idiot, but I miss his ribbing on some of you all. after he finally left, banned, whatever, the talk here on football wasnt as fun.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Do not worry, the Ravens are coming! They will be in a Stadium near you real soon kicking NFL butt, up and down the field! The Ravens are coming! NFL you have been warned! Go Ravens!
  • Options

<< <i>Don't get me wrong Joe Stalin was an idiot, but I miss his ribbing on some of you all. after he finally left, banned, whatever, the talk here on football wasnt as fun. >>

Last I heard Stalin was busy trying to dispose of his Jon Gruden fan club lifetime membership.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He walks among us...like a thief in the night..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>He walks among us...like a thief in the night.. >>

Did you say walks or walts among us? LOL