Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Possibily Ripped off by RickC300

I sent him $100 for a lot of Foreign coins and as of 2 weeks, I have not received them.

He does not answer my e-mails or PMs.

I filed a claim with my credit card company and they are giving me the money back, however, I now know never to send money via "gift" option to people I don't know because paypal doesn't cover you that way.

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get ripped off by everyone you deal with?

WTF?
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    I've never had any problem with transactions with RickC300. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but personally I'd have to be pretty sure of someone's misdeeds before posting like this - perhaps he's on vacation or ill.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, a guy who registered a couple of days ago griping about a seller that took his money two weeks ago on this very forum. Pray tell me, do I smell the malodorous troll making an appearance within our midst?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    A guy who never posted on the board before, that supposedly initiated a transaction with someone 2 weeks before the account was created?

I smell a rat.

Furthermore, since SportsModerator1 locked the original thread, now this bozo thinks to pollute the DarkSide with this irrelevant crap?

Reported.
  • Options

I haven't dealt with RickC300 before, but there have been several times when it has taken more than two weeks to get an item, and please bear in mind that not everyone visits here on a regular basis. I'd give it some time, and certainly wouldn't bring it out like this on the forum. It's just not good business.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Really?!!! I do not believe it. -Dan
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    BTW, as of today it has not even been 2 weeks since we first made contact... Please read...

Label/Receipt Number: **** 1790 0003 3702 1320
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
    Insured
    Insured

Your item was delivered at 1:35 PM on July 16, 2010 in FAIRFIELD, CT 06824.

As I stated when we made this deal I would not be able to ship the coins out until 3 days later due to work constraints. Unknown to me, we had some pretty intense storms roll through here and I lost my internet for another day after that and since I had not written down your address (I just planned on getting it from my computer) I had no way of contacting you or getting your snail mail. Then I spent four days in the hospital, 2 of them in ICU and coins were the last thing on my mind. I had my girlfriend check here for me but being pretty much computer illiterate she wasn’t able to follow my instructions on how to get your information or even on how to send a PM. She tried three different times before figuring out how to get your address.

When I got home, instead of going to bed as I was told to do, I threw a bonus peace dollar (cull) in the package for the delay, prepared the labels and sent her to the post office while I went to bed. Mail from rural Arkansas sometimes takes a while to get out so I had her send the coins insured priority mail to try and speed up the process.

I am sorry for the delay, but wish you had shown a little more restraint before blasting me on a public forum. BTW, A different screen name than the one I dealt with, why is that?

Sincerely,
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick, I haven't dealt with you yet, but it seems everyone here has your back, except for 'traingame'.

Obviuously, 'he' jumped the gun and I think he is the one who should be avoided in business, not you.

Hope you are recovering.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will be until the OP makes a public apology, if ever...
  • Options
    mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how long it will be until the OP makes a public apology, if ever... >>

I think the OP is a young collector, so it's understandable for his unrestrained attitude. If I was him, I would apologize to Rick via a PM, and start using a new screen name.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    The OP may have been banned as well. Maybe the apology will be forthcoming in the next (or prior) incarnation.

Here's hoping this thread gets nuked soon. Hope you're doing OK now, RickC (and hope your girlfriend doesn't read your post! imageimageimage )
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh how I miss our old weekly in house BST thread...
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I think multiple accounts are been used which is a sign of a troll. Probably the biggest troll (MadOutcast) throwing another person under the bus for no good reason.

Rick, don't apologize to people like that.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick,

Sorry to hear of the rough times in the hospital. Hope you are doing better.

Good to see you back here defending your good word against that goofball.

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Rick, I have never dealt with you but after seeing this thread I would have no problem doing so in the future. Things come up and you don't need to apologize like that to this guy. he seems like a dirtbag to me especially blasting you like that on this forum. Seems funny he has already lost his first userid.

Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I'd buy a coin from Rick in a heartbeat! I hope that the mods will nuke this thread, or perhaps they should leave it up so the rest of us will remember not to sell anything to "traingame1990."
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Unless and until the moderators choose to delete this, perhaps we should refrain from replying so it slinks to the bottom and off of the page?
    Anyone capable of whispering in Otis's ear might consider doing so. Just seems to be an obnoxious thread title to keep hanging around.
    (I'm posting this while the thread is already at the top -- I don't want to be the one who puts it back up there.)
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    <<Maybe the apology will be forthcoming in the next (or prior) incarnation...I think multiple accounts are been used which is a sign of a troll>>
    I'm kind of new here and didn't realize multiple accounts, ID's or whatever you want to call them could be created. Please tell me this isn't eBay all over again for me???

<<Things come up and you don't need to apologize like that to this guy>>
    I have to disagree. $100 is $100. Let the other party know something came up at least. jmho. Communication is the key on these on-line transactions, especially if it's the first dealing with a new trading partner. Wouldnt you agree? I'm not taking sides or trying to cause any hard feelings. As I said, jmho.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i><<Things come up and you don't need to apologize like that to this guy>>
    I have to disagree. $100 is $100. Let the other party know something came up at least. jmho. Communication is the key on these on-line transactions, especially if it's the first dealing with a new trading partner. Wouldnt you agree? I'm not taking sides or trying to cause any hard feelings. As I said, jmho. >>

Yes, communication is important, but there were clearly extenuating circumstances. Did you not even read Rick's response? No computer access, immediately followed by medical issues.

Only waited two weeks? Sounds like an impatient teenaged twerp. You don't come here and publicly claim ripoff/fraud/etc. after only 2 weeks from payment; I don't care what the amount is.

A public apology IS warranted.
  • Options
    Well...I'll let you wait on it. Because I doubt it is coming. Any yes, I did read the whole thread before I replied and I still stand firm on what is, again, jmho. If I cant state one and you wont even consider it, (as is very clear you havent) then block me so you dont have to read it.

Also, since you have all the answers. Regarding my other question, I see you didnt say anything about having multiple profiles. Was that by design because you have scores of them to back yourself up when you post something here, or an honest mistake? image
  • Options

<< <i>Also, since you have all the answers. Regarding my other question, I see you didnt say anything about having multiple profiles. Was that by design because you have scores of them to back yourself up when you post something here, or an honest mistake? image >>

Wow, you really are an asshat. I ignored your "other question" because it was impossible to glean just exactly what the question was. What exactly are you asking about "eBay all over again for me"?

Multiple accounts/profiles are a refuge for the insecure, not to mention against the TOS of most forums. The only people who have multiple accounts are those that are overly confrontational or people with something to hide.
  • Options
    like I said, you know it all, dont you? Now resorting to calling names too. Thanks for proving my point
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I am sure Rick is a great and honest guy and its also clear that these were difficult circumstances. No doubt.

If I would not have received an item or response by e-mail from a seller who I am dealing with for the first time after two weeks I would be worried myself. I am sure all here would be without getting a response back (forget the item not making it over within that timeframe, not getting a response to an enquiry without having an established buyer-seller relationship).

However, I would not deal with my concerns in a public forum in such a blunt manner. That is the issue here - how did the buyer deal with it via the public not via seller/ebay.

JMHO so be gentle image
  • Options
    I agree with Zohar. The matter is how it was dealt with by the OP. 2 weeks is too soon to come on here and mildly accuse someone of fraud. Now say after, 1.5-2 months and you could absolutely prove what you're accusing someone of, then I would and I would hope that the board would appreciate the heads up. Maybe the OP shouldve asked for advice rather than pointing a relatively quick finger.
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your support... OK, old post, new message to J. Casesa... I have proof of insurance and delivery confirmation signed by you. I also have a negative balance from PayPal in the amount of our transaction plus fees. You got a hundred dollars worth of silver (now worth much more), your money back from your credit card company and saddled me with a hundred dollar plus debt and shipping. Be a man and step up to the plate and make this right!

I bought a coin on eBay earlier this evening and when I went to pay for it I found my account has been locked because of you!!!!!!! I had to pay off PayPal or else maybe get a negative because I can't use PayPal like the seller only uses for sales of other country buyers... My first eBay purchase in 10 months!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...