Home Sports Talk
Options

Man, I hate Fox MLB coverage

Why is it that a regular baseball game can take 2.5-3.0 hours, and yet the All-Star game is yet once again running into the 3.5 hour range with 1.5 innings to go?

Oh yeah, I forgot....it is on Fox.

Can MLB really believe that my kids will watch this stuff if it ends so late? Man, I may not be able to stay up this late.

Just had to rant.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The game ended before 9 PM on the west coast. I'm happy. image

I had to listen to the start of the game on the radio on my commute home from work though.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? The All Star Game time was 2:59 - about an hour less than an average Red Sox/Yankees game.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the folks doing the slow crawl on the Interstates in CA to get home to watch the thing? It started for them at 5PM...do you really think they would start it earlier, like 3 or 4Pm Pacific? Same thing when MNF began at 9PM Eastern, you had to be a trooper to watch the whole thing, but from the mid-western states westward, they were lovin' it...not to mention those in Hawaii, where the AS game began around 2PM.

I'd say the thing was just about right.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Maybe it's the combination of voices: PompousBuck and WhinyMcCarver.
    Capecards