Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fantasy Football League Season 4

Alright....are you ready for some football? Okay, that was pretty 80s lame, however, welcome to the PSA Fantasy Football League Season 4 Thread. The Meteorites plan to bounce back from their 50-50 record and win their second PSA League Championship. The owner has fired the general manager, created a new mascot, installed more lights and upgraded the snack bars. Yes, it is fair to say, the fans are quite excited.

Season 4 is now underway, the league has been started and team owners from last year have been sent automated yahoo messages (yahoo claimed). Registration is currently limited to former PSA Fantasy Football League team owners. If you were a team owner last year, check you e-mail boxes or message me for the yahoo webpage and password. If you were a team owner in one of the previous PSA Fantasy Football League's (not including the CU Fantasy Football League), feel free to message me. If there are any spaces available a week from today, I will open registration to the general public.

Currently this will act as the PSA Fantasy Football League Season 4 signup sheet.

Rules are standard Yahoo with a couple changes. 1 pt. added for passing reception (0 to +1) and an extra point loss for interception (-1 to -2). All point things are viewable before you join.
Draft is set for Wednesday, August 11, 2010. In the past it was a Saturday, hard for some so I changed it to Thursday, and then it was suggested that Wednesday was the best day for everyone. (So then I changed it back, told everyone, forgot myself...and got Romo). If you have a different date suggestion feel free to suggest.

Be sure to read Yahoo rules on waivers and trades. There is no trade limit, although there are no trades after Nov. 20th...or something like that...it is noted on Yahoo. If I remember right, it picks our draft order like an hour or 30 min. before draft and has a countdown timer on the draft page.

The league this year has been extended back to 16 teams, due to interest. Since the PSA league is on Yahoo, and Yahoo has a secondary playoff bracket that crowns a 5th place winner. The fifth place winner in this league does not have to pay an entry fee...but only receives a No-Prize for his effort.

So that gives us 11 teams that have to pay have to pay the league entry or membership fee of two modern $10 PSA 10 cards of interest to the winners. A bracket below shows who pays who. The winner gets 5 prizes (10 cards), the second place team 3 prizes (6 cards), the third place team gets 2 prizes (4 cards) and the fourth place team gets 1 prize (2 cards). The leagues worst team pays the best team, et al.Ususally, most losers just Pay Pal their winner ($20). Some team owners, one in particular, goes out of their way to get certain cards for their person. But kind of consider it like a mini secret santa. You may end up with a prize not exactly what you what, but try not to be "that guy" if either sending or receiving prizes. Should a loser be a welch, they will NOTED as a welch in my sig. line, forever be known on these boards as a Welch, plus barred from future leagues.

As I am the League Commissioner, feel free to come to me with any concern. As a general rule, and as has been shown, I tend to more believe in team vote then commish. powers if dealing with anything touchy or the like. If when voting there is a tie, then whatever I vote, as Commish., shall be considered majority vote.

Football season ends with the holiday seasons, please be patient on receiving your prizes and please do your best to get them off in a somewhat timely fashion. All losers should at least be in communication with their winner within a week of the league ending and should try to have everything settled up within a month.

Clear Skies,
Commish. Mark
The prize bracket is as follows:
16th place pays 1st
15th place pays 1st
14th place pays 1st
13th place pays 1st
12th place pays 1st
11th place pays 2nd
10th place pays 2nd
9th places pays 2nd
8th place pays 3rd
7th place pays 3rd
6th place pays 4th

Current Sign Up List:

It appears to has us in ranked order. by our histories. I know jswieton won our league last year, and I have won two yahoo leagues (1 PSA league). I was a Yahoo All-Star, ranking ~85 (very high) but then I stupidly signed up for College Bowl Picks last year. When I came to my senses, I do not know college football, and canceled out of the league....it went ahead and ranked me in the league bottom.

The ranking likely makes no difference, but I imagine the high ranking people might get invites, admission into high level games or something the like? Then again, it might be as valid in life as the digital trophies they have given me.

A welcome is extended to our newest league managers, Team USSR and Carson Palmer. Please do your best not to whisper "1980 Hockey" to Team USSR or "NCAA Sanctions" to Carson Palmer. image

jswieton
BigRedMachine
The Meteorites
Carson Palmer
wolfbear
Beck's OC Qualifiers
X-Factor
artistlost sacs
OTWCards
Rugby's Marines
TEAM USSR = brendanb438
Navarro's Nook
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Reguarding comments from the earlier thread.

I am open to having weekly high score prizes, or end of the year high score prize, and I am open to suggestions on how this can be done. Perhaps we could do a weekly optional $5 pool? That would allow the worst teams to not just throw money away in a league with a fairly cheap entry fee, and allow the competive teams a little more action if desired. If this is sometime of interest I can make a weekly signup sheet.

Other thoughts are welcomed.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    If you open this up to people who didnt play last year I would love to get in.

Thanks
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I was in the CU league last year, of that doesnt happen again, put me on the list here.

THanks,
    Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Alright, six teams are now registered and a seventh I finally got around to messaging. (I did say I would give it like a week.)

If you are were not a previous "PSA Fantasy Football League" manager and would like to join this year, feel free to now reply to the thread that you would like to enter. I will give the previous managers another 24 hrs., but after that it will be open enrollment, on a first come first serve basis.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    I would love to get in if spots are available!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I was in last year but haven't seen a thing via email.

If there's a spot left for me, please send me a PM Mark.

shawn
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty sure I was in last year but haven't seen a thing via email.

If there's a spot left for me, please send me a PM Mark.

shawn >>

PM Sent.

It does not appear to e-mailed all? Not sure....as half signed up.

I think I have replied to all former manager PMs. If not for some reason, please PM me again.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Draft is set for Wednesday, August 11, 2010. In the past it was a Saturday, hard for some so I changed it to Thursday, and then it was suggested that Wednesday was the best day for everyone. (So then I changed it back, told everyone, forgot myself...and got Romo). If you have a different date suggestion feel free to suggest.

. >>

I'm signed up. The Yahoo site says the league is set up for an offline draft though. Did I miss something??
  • Options
    Thanks for the note. I changed it to live draft.

I didn't actually set up any of the settings as it appeared to keep everything from last season. Not sure why it changed that one thing. Yahoo!

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    10 teams are now registered. I think it fair to say that all previous managers were given a chance to join, so I guess I will open this up to the public.

I did notice Jim was missing so I will message him in case he still wants in...I think he was in the last three.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    can i get in?
    who dey!

• Options

<< <i>can i get in? >>

PM Sent.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Another league? hey why not, sign me up.
  • Options

<< <i>Another league? hey why not, sign me up. >>

The League is now full with 12 teams. Last year the 12 slots filled within a couple hours and we missed a couple from the previous leagues, so while there was interest for 16 teams last year....I am not sure if there is this year, as it did not fill as fast.

Yahoo wants us to keep the teams even, so if someone else wants in, I will increase it to 14 and invite you. Likewise, if you and another 3 wanted in, that is still fine as well.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    I updated the signup list above. I will update the prize list, if need be. (There is still a couple weeks).

Now is a good time to address any league concerns.

Also, was thinking on another side like bet, as a few mentioned previously.

If everyone wanted to put in $10 (with 12 people), we could give out decent prizes for high score of the week, I figure like week 8 in the middle of bye weeks, and week 12 when bye weeks should be over, and then maybe season high score. This is of course just a thought.
  • Options
    if there is room I want in..
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Bump to remind everyone the draft is tonight. image
  • Options
    Live draft is in one hour!
  • Options
    24 min...you can log in and see the draft order. I am pick #4...which is about the best pick I think. If I had an option, I would choose #4 or #5. You get an early pick, and dont have to wait to pick 24 for your second.
  • Options
    i got pick 5 but my internet keeps going in and out so hopefully it will make it through the whole draft!
    who dey!

• Options
    Mine did that once also...might be yahoo. I am going to restart my system here in a minute.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i got pick 5 but my internet keeps going in and out so hopefully it will make it through the whole draft! >>

image cry me a river ... ha ha ha ha ha ....
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"